Bits & Pieces

~*~ 1 month and half later~*~

"Allright girls! Huddle up!" yells the coach. All of the female players huddle up around the coach. "Okay, now you gusy know these are our rivalries. Never been beaten. But we can change that, can't we?" coach yells the last few words. "Yes, sir!" we yell. "Now you all got 20 minutes to get in there, and relax before they get here. So who's ready to kick some ass!" he yells. "Yeah," screams the team in unison. The coach leaves the locker room.

"What are we?" I yell.

"Lady birds!"

"What are we?"

"Ladybirds!"

"I can't hear you, my bitches!"

"Ladybirds!" they manage to say between laughing fits.

"Now how about we go stop this celebratin' crap and go kick Corpus Christi's ass, huh?" says a male voice from the door of the locker room. Austin is leaning on the door frame. "Get out!" we scream. We all laugh as he jumps at the sound of angry basketball players. We all exit the girls' locker room.

I know what you're thinking. What happened after that first day at San Tony? Well let me put it this way, I beat Brianda's bum every now and then. She would still go with the rumor and talk about my parents, and Matt. Matt told his parents about me beating his sissy ass, but his parents didn't care. They love me, and hate Karyn. And they didn't like what Matt did at all. And as for the little group that is me, Austin, Gabby, Alex, Sarah, Zach, Robert, Jonathan, and Bryce; we have been having been recking the school. Even though I'm still a little hurt, I've managed. Bobi found out about the incident and instead of being mad, said, "Que bueno que lé partiste el osicó al pendejo," and left it at that. Austin and I have been getting closer and closer everyday. We play basketball, we talk a lot, and he usually spends his time with me. He's just picking up bits and pieces. But I can't help but try and push I'm away. What if he's just doing for the same reason as Matt?

"You alright, Les?" asks Bryce. I snapped out of my thoughts and nod. "It's just... Remi told me he's coming to see her. And she's been adding more to the story," I say. Tears build up in my eyes. "We got your back, Les. They get close to you , we'll slap them silly," he says with humor. I laugh, lightly. "Yeah, Les. We'll slap them! Coach already knows the problem so he said to go right ahead!" says Gabby. "I'm back!" says a squeaky voice. I look At the source and see Tori. I kiss her and slap Bryce. "Ow!" he rubs his cheek.

"Don't call me 'Les'," I say. "Why?" he asks. "Cause-"

"She says it makes her sound like a lesbian," says Austin. "Oh sorry," he says. I take My phone out of my pocket and check if I have any texts. Nada. Then I see my camera and get an idea. "Take a picture with me guys," I say. I position the phone as I try to fit everyone in. I make a simple smile as everyone else makes stupid faces. I look at them and laugh, accidentally touching the camera button, taking a picture of us. I check it and see it doesn't look that bad. The door of the gym opens and Mr. G, my old coach from Corpus Christi, walks in. "Gabberflabbs!" I yell. I jump off the bleachers and run towards him.

"Mr. G!" I say. He looks up and smiles. "Foster! How're you sweetheart?" he asks. "Fine! Ready to finally get beaten?" I smirk. "haha! Even with you, they'll never beat us," he says. Gabby comes up behind me and says, "Hello!"

"Hello, ma'am. Good luck!" he says and walks away. Me and gabby look at each other confused. Where's everyone else. We get out of the gym and see them huddled up in front of the bus. I see her talking to Jamie, laughing Jamie points at something behind her. I follow her finger and my heart breaks. Matt is standing there with a t-shirt with her name on it, and one rose in his hand. A hand rests on my shoulder but it's not Gabby's.