Caught up

"Lesley!"

"Lesley!"

"Lesley!"

"Lesley!"

"Lesley!"

"Lesley!"

Six voices were yelling my name. I stopped in my tracks angrily. It took all the guts in me to not punch something. That why I had joined boxing. I just happened to get my dad's short temper. Just thinking about the words Brianda said, brought tears to my eyes.

'Then when you're parents went to talk to him, and make him marry you, when they had crashed?'

Who the heck would say that? I hadn't even noticed Jonathan standing in front of me, until he wiped a tear. I was crying. I wipe my tear-stained cheeks, and look at everyone. They looked at me with concern in their eyes. And out of the blue Jonathan hugs me. Awkward and Unexpected, right? I know. But I really needed it. His hand strokes my back. Me and Jonathan pull away. He still has his arm over me but that's the least of my worries.

"Are you okay?" asks Gabby. I sniffle and nod. "If she says anything about my parents again, I'll beat the crap out of her," I scold. "I'm with you, babe." she says, chuckling.

People start crowding in the hallways. Some stare at me, and some smile. Sarah clears her throat and says, "Are you planning on joining any sports?" trying to change the subject. I shrug and say, "I don't know," sounding more like a croak. "Come here, babe," says Robert, hugging me. I nuzzle my head in his neck, and cry silently.

After a while I gather myself up. "Lesley!" I hear Bryce yell. Bryce had disappeared before I called Matt. I turn around and see his look of concern. "Who did this?" he says.

"Bryce its not-"

"Brianda," says Gabby.

"I took care of it," I told him. He sighs. "If you need anything, tell me," he says. "Okay," I say. "Gabby, keep an eye on her for me," he states and walks off. He is so overprotective. If I ever got raped, and the rapist was a skilled fighter; when Bryce would try to save me, he'd get more banged up than I would.

"Enough of this sentimental stuff, let's go get my schedule!" I say, pulling Gabby. "Bye, loves!" I yell to everyone else. Gabby laughs and says, "You're bipolar." 

I start laughing as well.

•~•

"Okay, so I'll see you tomorrow. Practice ended early today. But tomorrow's will end at 7:30, okay?" Gabby reassures. I nod and wave. "Bye," I say. Guess what? I joined cheerleading and basketball. My uniform will be in by thursday. Let me tell you, i know ill look hot.

I walk to my car and see Austin on the hood of my car. Did I forget to tell you I got the popstar for Health. And worse, he's my partner for the rest of the year. Yay! Note the sarcasm. Let's just hope he's not an immature. "Mahone, get off the hood of my car," I tell him as I unlock my car. He hops off the car. "Your house or mine?" he asks. I get in my car, as he holds the door open. "Thanks," I mumble, as I think.

"My house?" I suggest. He nods and says, "Lead the way." He walks back to his car. And I can't help but check him out. Ugh seeing him without that shirt. Mm! Dragging my hands all over his chest-

"Are we leaving?" says Austin, smirking. I blush at the hormonal thoughts. "Yeah. Sorry," I say. I close the door and reverse. I turn the radio on, and 'Made in the USA'. blasts through the speakers.

"Our love runs deep like a chevy 

If you fall I'll fall with you baby 

Cause that's the way we like to do it