Ride

He looked relieved. Was he waiting to did that?

"Why are you happy?" I asked, confused. He shakes his head smiling. "She was getting on my nerves. I was waiting for one little thing to just..."

"Break it off?" I finished for him. He nodded. "But you shouldn't have done it so harshly?" I said, plainly. He says, "Why do you care? She basically said stuff about you."

"It doesn't matter. You know what? Nevermind. Let's go downstairs before Tori comes and throws a teddy bear at us," I say. I walk out the door of my room, and Austin follows.

He laughs and says, "Nah, I don't think she'd do that," a rather bit loudly. Next thing you know, a door opens, and a poor defenseless bear hits Godzilla. Or in this case, Austin. "Shut up!" she says, closing the door. He picks up the teddy bear and whispers, "What's her problem?"

"She's trying to go to sleep."

We arrive back in the kitchen's island and continue working. "Okay, so I get to choose the names-"

"Yeah, yeah. Run it in my face don't you," he says, annoyed. "Fine. I get to choose the names! I get to choose the names!" I brag. He laughs. "You're such a kid."

"Deal with it," I reply. "It's cause I wanted to choose the names!" he whines. "Oh! And you say I'm the kid," I remark. He sticks his tongue out at me. I do it back. We do that back and forth for a while. Until I tell him to stop. We continue doing the paper, sticking out our tongues every once in a while web we caught ourselves elves looking. He would smile, too. Making me blush.

~*~

We were done with the 'Baby of the Future' assignment. We wee just on the 5th question of the other paper, when there was a loud, furious knock.

"I'll get it," I tell him. I walk to the door as someone keeps knocking. "All right, I'm coming," I mumble. I look through the peephole and see the zombie. "Ah!" I step back. Austin comes and says, "Who is it?"

"She's here for my brains!" I whisper-yell. He laughs softly. "Who is it?"

"Brianda," I say. His eyes widen. "Go upstairs and act natural. After five minutes, come down, saying something like if you didn't know she was here, then shut up." I nod and say, "Ima go put earplugs in Tori's ears." He laughs and says, "You can always find humor in anything, can't you?" I smile. And run upstairs. I go into Tori's room, as she throws a bear that I quickly dodge.

"Hey, Tore? Where are your earphones?"

"Cajon thingy... why?" she asks, sleepily.

"Austin's ex is here, and she tends to screech instead of scream. It's twice as worse as a baby's cry. So I suggest you use them," I say grabbing them. "Here, use the iPads music. I'll be downstairs making sure she doesn't eat Godzilla's brain..." I say, searching for a specific playlist on the iPad. "Who's Godzilla?" she asks, plugging in her earphones. "Austin," I smirk, still staring at the screen. She laughs lowly then pauses. "Why would she eat his brains?" she asks. "She may be named 'Brianda', but she's best known as the zombie," I say kissing her forehead. I hear a little smacking sound downstairs.

"And that's my cue," I say getting up. "Night, baby." She replies the same thing to me as I head out her room. I walk downstairs, remembering what Austin had said to do. But I decide to eavesdrop for a Few minutes. I'm bored. I stay a bit at the top of the stairs to avoid them seeing me.

"She's the blame for everything," she says. "We were fine, until this morning." Austin scoffs and says, "She's not the problem, Brianda. You are. You don't trust people. You don't even care if it would hurt if I ever heard about Tyler."