Basketball: Drama Style

I smile at the text. Thank God. I look up, tears still leaving my eyes and betraying my commands. Grabbing my hand, Gabby leads me inside the school, but suddenly stops. "Which way is the gym?" She asks the coach. He looks both ways before shrugging.

I point to the right. "That way, take a right go straight to the double doors." I instruct in a hoarse voice. He nods. "Why should we get lost if Lesley is here with us." He smiles patting my back. We walk down the hall, seeing trophies of many kind, then we get to the basketball and see the picture they took last year. Everyone's family is behind us as we pose for the first place trophy in the tournament. I stop walking and let go of Gabby, looking intently at the picture. I cover my mouth again, as I spot my parents and Tori in the right of the picture. My moms hugging my dad, while I'm carrying Tori on my back. She's clapping, smiling wider than I've ever seen her. A sob escapes my therapy and I hug Gabby. Sobbing into her shoulder four hands touch my back and then I end up getting squeezed by, who I'm guessing is Jay and Rayne. I sob and I hear coach Martinez mutter something to Gabby. I feel gabby shake, probably nodding. The last two bodies leaves back and I'm only left hugging Gabby. I let go of her, still sobbing, whimpers coming out now and then.

"I've held all of it in for seven months. Bryce really can't expect me to not cry." I look away from the picture and go towards the wall, sliding down and hugging my knees. I wipe tear after year emitting my eyes and tell Gabby everything that I've been feeling. I hear footsteps and look at the end of the corridor where

We had previously entered twenty five minutes ago.

A tattooed guy, six-feet, with a SnapBack, Jeans, hoodie and a shirt with the artic monkeys on it sees me and his eyes immediately cover with concern. I excuse myself from Gabby, telling her that I'll meet her in the gym, and walk towards Kyle, who stands with arms wide.

Despite that he cheated on me, I never found out who it was. I had seem pictures, heard stories, but never a name. He had told me that he didn't mean it and that the girl kissed him. He never told me what girl, cause he said that it would mess everything up and that he was doing it for my sake. I made a promise to him that if I found out... I would forgive him cause I would understand. It was three years ago but I still feel something.

I walk into his arms and he engulfs me in a hug, squeezing me and kissing my head as I break down again. "Shh, baby." He strokes my hair, and gives me more words of reassurance. "Lesley? Look at me," he speaks softly. I sniffle and shake my head. "I've seen you cry, don't worry about being embarrassed."

I sigh. "What?" I croak looking up. We separate but he keeps his hand on my waist and pulls me towards the entrance of the gym. Tears fill my eyes once again. I look to the side where the trophies are but he quickly turns my head from the top and away from the display.

"Nuh-uh, missy. Not now." He jokes. I laugh, and look down at my feet, two tears slipping each eye. "Wanna go out to eat tomorrow? I'm off and have nothing to do?" He asks. Hope drips from each word. I look away from the floor and smile at him. "That'd be nice."

He chuckles bending down a little to kiss my forehead as we enter the gym, and he says, "Are you sure Bryce won't kill me?" He sneers.

I chuckle. "I won't let him." He laughs, and I wipe my tears with the sleeves of my sweater. "It's just so hard coming back."

"I know, baby."

"Lesley!" I hear my voice. I look to my left and see a bleacher full of teams and spot Gabby waving to me. I smile and grab Kyle hands, entwining them and pulling him with me. He follows me and introduces himself to the coach. I leave them to talk as they embark in a deep conversation.

"Isn't that the guy that played a skater in Austin's video?" She asks, grinning wide and eyeing Kyle, as I sit down next to her. I laugh, and wipe my eyes again, sniffling. "Yeah. He's my ex." The three girls gasp, and giggle. Oh, lord,

"Name!" Squeals Jay. I look at Kyle and back at them. "Kyle." They giggle. I roll my eyes. You guys are so predictable.

"You must be talking about me," he smirks sitting down next to me. I laugh.

"She saw you crying, hasn't stopped staring since you came in." Whispers Gabby. I look around and see Karyn staring. Kyle grabs my hand and kisses it. Matt states also, furious and eyeing Kyle.

I look away from them

And at Kyle. "Don't let them get to you." I shake my head and kiss his cheek. "I won't."

"Better not." He smirks and touches my chin. I laugh. Your funny. Gabby jumps beside us and the other behind us.

"And you all are too cute. Cheese!" She takes out her phone and snaps a pic.

"Come on, girls! Game time!" Yells the coach, smirking. We all laugh and I grab my duffle bag. I give Kyle my bag of food that Jay got off the bus.

"You eat my food... you're dead." He throws his hands up and fakes innocence.

I leave towards the changing room. Everyone follows me since they have no idea where anything is. We get there and I see that the room is empty except for some girls from Laredo. I smile at them and they smile back.

"We've got five minutes, ladies. Let's do this!" I scream. I fist pump and everyone cheers. I start changing and so does everyone else.

"What's the hurry?" Asks Karyn from behind me. I stop dead in my tracks. Everyone else does too, looking intently at me. I throw them a glare. Not really directed at them.

"Get dressed," I scowl. They don't seem to be affected by my tone but do as I say.

"You can't just ignore us," she says. I can almost hear the smirk in her voice. I take off my shirt and slip on the jersey, turning around in my track pants.

"Karyn, baby! How are you?" I squeal in a fake girly voice.

She glares and I smirk, turning around again and slipping off my pants. "Hey, babe! Coach said to hurry-" I hear Bryce say before he is cut off. I pull up my shorts quickly and turn around, finding my old teammates with Matt and Kyle being pulled in the locker room by Remi.

Kyle goes through the crowd of girls and over to me. He grabs my hand, as I look over my shoulder to see my teammates ready to go.

"Gabby. Take them out and tell coach I'll be there. Don't say anything, please," I beg her as she walks past me. She nods. They all leave and I walk away to go to the mirror and brush my hair as Kyle follows. I look at the mirror and cringe at myself.

My eyes are red, bloodshot and a bit swollen, my cheeks tinted pink and my face is pale. "Look away from the mirror," Kyle whispers.

"I'm guessing since your back with him, you'd don't know who he was with that time he was caught cheating." Kyle tenses and I squeeze his hand. "I don't wanna know," I answer in a low tone. My voice still a little hoarse.

"It doesn't really matter now, does it, Kyle?" She looks at Kyle.

"You do realize if you say it now... in front of him," he points at Matt. "It won't be pretty."

She seems off guard but collects herself. "It's not like I will. I mean it's not my fault I felt something for you and I was jealous of-" she cuts herself off, and stops. Her eyes widening.

Anger builds inside of me, and I can't help but rush to her and jump on her.

•••

Oh snap!

Karyn is a hoe. and I know many of you thought it was Austin... So SURPRISE!

15 votes

Comment for the next chapter that halfway finished.