Never Changes

My gift to you, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS, to those who celebrate it! NOT EDITED!

"Kyle." I say. He smirks and walks towards me, wearing only a muscle tank and basketball shorts. He stops just few feet away from me. I ignore him and walk towards my duffel bag, causing him to scoff. Grabbing a small towel to dry my sweat, placing it around my neck, and turning around to look at him.

"What the fuck do you want?" I spit at him, trough clenched teeth. He smirks and looks at his feet, shaking his head. "Not a even kiss hello?" He frowns playfully. I blush, as I remember out past kissing moments, but it quickly disappears when I remember all the crap he caused fore. "Nothing?" I chuckle bitterly, "Hell no."

He smiles. "I was kidding." I roll my eyes and walk past him, bumping h's shoulder hard, making him loose his balance. But he quickly regains it, making me frown. Dang, I thought he would fall. Kyle always had a sense of humor, that woulda me anyone smile. As you can tell I'm trying to hide mine.

I hear him chuckle as I throw a menacing punch to the punching bag. "You've changed, Foster. But you never seem to surprise me," he smirks. I glare at him and continue kicking and punching, my strength increasing with each punch.

"You still seem to be intimidated by me. I wonder how Matt would feel of you're checking me out again?" he smirks. I stop punching when I tense up at the mention of Matt. "Oh, wait where is Matt?" I flinch.

"We broke up," I answer him. His eyes widen in shock. And from the way he looks, I know he wasn't expecting it. Never was good at hiding his emotions. "How? You guys were always... together. What'd he-"

My phone rings from a few feet way on the bench, making me jump, cutting off Kyle's sentence. I motion for him to hold up, trying to catch my breath as I walk over to my bag, pulling out my phone and answering.

"What?" I snap, but not too harshly. I hear laughing on the other end. "Hello to you, too," says the annoying voice of my devilish cousin. I roll my eyes. "Aren't you supposed to be asleep, Harry? It's like twelve where your at," I reason, still trying to catch my breath. "I'm not a little
Kid, Lesley-"

"You sure act like one," I laugh. I turn around looking at Kyle. He smiles, shyly, his eyes twinkling. I can't help but smile too. Contagious smile. "No I don't."

"Hurry up and get to the point," I scold, holding up my head high and looking at the ceiling. "Well, you're the one that started it," I can almost picture him pouting. I shake my head, chuckling. "Yeah, so not a kid, Harry."

"Just hurry up and tell her!" I hear a voice scold. "We'll she's-"

"Give me the damn phone!"

"Get the fuck away!" I hear Harry yell. "Just- agh!" I hear something break, and before it gets worse, I hang up. I figured they'd call back when they're done with sumo wrestling.

"Sorry, it was my-"

"You don't have to apologize. That's my job." He says. I furrow my eyebrows. "Why? Don't you think it's a little too late?" He looks away from me and looks down at his feet. After a few moments of silence he shakes his head. "It's probably too late, but you still deserve an apology, Lelsey. I'm sorry. It's been three years, and it's been killing me for one. When I came back from La Vernia, back to corpus, I went looking for you, but Karyn had told me you moved away." My eyes cloud with fury. That bitch. "She said you're parents were in an accident and you had to move in with your aunt. So I took the liberty in asking my mom if I could move in with my aunt." I nod.

"I'm sorry, Jen." Only he would call me that. "I'm rally sorry. I screwed up, I know. There's nothing in the world that can change your feelings about me, and I'm sorry-"

"My feelings never changed, Kyle. Only you did. I still like you. Maybe not as much as back then, but there's a little spark." He smiles but only then I notice hurt he is.

My phone rings again and I groan. "Sorry. Give me a second," I say. He shakes his head as I reach for my phone again. "What did I say?" I glare at him playfully, answering my phone.

"You guys done fighting?" I say into the receiver. I hear grumbling and groaning, before Edvard's voice speaks. "Yeah sorry about Harry being a butthead. We just called to tell you that we're landing on Saturday. I know it's a bit early, but the twins exams are over and so are Jaegar's so we'll be ready by then." I hear more groaning and grunting. My curiosity gets the best of me and I have to ask. "Why is Harry groaning?"

He chuckles and says, "I beat his arse." I shake my head and laugh. "Alright, coz I gotta go see you Saturday. Later," and hang up the phone.

"I gotta go Kyle. I have a lot of work. See ya." I grab my bag and make my way to the locker room to take a shower I get out with the towel wrapped around me, thinking that there was no one in their and find Jonathan barely stepping in with the towel around his waist. His abs showing perfectly, and I fight the urge to stare. "Looking good Lesley," I laugh, "shut up."

I start to walk away quickly but I feel his eyes. "Stop staring at me John!"

He laughs as I exit to the girls side of the lockers. I change and make my way out covering my hair with John beanie, which he lent me. Making my way out a voice calls my name.

"Can I give you a ride?" Asks Kyle. I look out side and see grey clouds. I mentally groan. "Yeah, thanks."

•••

Things have been going great, sort of. Kyle has been going to my school. We're friends, nothing more. Austin has been hovering over me for the past couple of days. Tori is supposed to be released next week on Friday from the hospital. And as for my relatives, their flight got delayed. They'll come in next week on Saturday. Then it's just two days left of school and off on the road trip.

Me and Austin haven't fought but he hugs me, kisses me on the cheek... lets just say exposes public affection and people are staring to doubt that were just friends. The tabloids have gotten worse, saying that we are together, pointing every flaw I have, that I didn't even know I had, confusing me. And honestly don't know if we're anything. Right now in getting ready for the Heat game. Austin, Alex, Gabby, Robert, Tyler, Zach and I are going. Robert Zach and Tyler go for the Spurs and and the rest for Heat. Lets just say we made a bet. Winners get to go on their own car and losers share with the moms and Bryce. Sucks for them three cause were winning.

"You ready yet?" Asks Gabby, from out side my bathroom. I needed to go real bad, and now I've only even here thirty seconds she's already complaining. "Bloody hell, gabby wait!" I complain. I wash my hands and get out in only my bra. I glare as she danced in place, I was suffering you curling my hair for and hour, the least you capfuls do us let me take my time." She smiles and rushes into the bathroom slamming the door. "You know I needed to go to and you didn't let me!" I smirk and laugh.

"Touché!" She laughs. I go into my closet, looking for the Jersey I bought online a long time ago. I find at the very end, folded neatly in a bag with a little ziplock full of paint and glitter. I wore this to school in Corpus when it was spirit day. It was mandatory for athletes as cheerleaders to dress up at all costs. Taking the bag with me, along with some jeans, I look for my basketball shoes, don't really feel like wearing sandals and such. Basketball practice was cancelled since there's no school. The game stats at three and it's 12:30. I look for some bracelets and necklaces to wear and some earrings too. A finding why I need I put it out for later.

Gabby gets out of the bathroom and looks at what I'm wearing. Her eyes widen, and she looks at me in shock. I suddenly start to feel embarrassed. "Is that alright? Or does it look dorky? I couldn't find anything suitable and I really don't wanna go all out-"

"No it's fine! I was just about to say..." She stops looking at my outfit and back at me. "You are definetly helping me with my outfit!" I laugh as she pulls me out of my room, and down the stairs out the door to the driveway. I yell a quick bye to Bryce who is working on his college applications, and grab my keys from the table next to the door. I got my car that same day that Kyle and I met again. I asked him to drive me there since I got the call right away. They fixed it and its good as new.

"Meet me there okay. You know hot to get it, I'm just gonna go pick up my jersey at the shop." Says Gabby as she fishes for her keys in her pockets. I nod and get into mine, sticking in the key and turning it, bringing my car to life. I pull out and head to Gabby's house. I pull into her driveway and go inside. "Hi, Iris," I greet, going into the kitchen to see her cutting chicken breasts into tiny squares.

"Hello, sweetheart. What's on you girls' schedule today?" She asks glancing at me while wiping the sweat off her forehead with her black apron. I shrug, "We have a Heat game to go to. Winners get to ride with the fun people and losers ride with the moms and Bryce." She laughs, throwing the chicken cubes in a pan with chile and tomato with onions. "So those are the boring people." I chuckle and nods as I hear the front door open again. "Oh come on, Dad! Please?"

"No. Me and your mom need your car. Ours isn't working so well." I hear Jay say from the entrance of their home, arguing with gabby. Jay walks in, carrying three bags of groceries, with Gabby trailing behind.

"Andale, pa. El carro de Lesley nomas no!" She whines. Jay chuckles when he notices my reaction to her words. "Hey! My car is better than you piece of tin."

She shakes her head. "Marci is one hundred percent pure," she throws back. I groan and continue arguing with her, until her parents yell, "Girls!" We snap out heads to them and mile a sorry before excusing ourselves up to Gabby's room. "Hi, Jay!" I yell when we make it to Gabby's room. Gabby's dad chuckles, and says hi back. The door next to Gabby's opens and her twins brothers emerge one shirtless with jeans and the other wearing jeans and a pull over.

"Hey, Lesley. What's up?" Says Gabby's 15 year old brother Gilberto. But we call him Gills. He throws a flirty wink at me, and I roll my eyes. For some reason, Gabby's little brothers all have a crush on me. Even Luke, who's only four, but he's another story. "Bye, Gills. Hi, Gustavo." I wave to the other twin, as he mumbles a hi and blushes. The shy one and the flirty. I suddenly remember my cousins and turn around to them. "Hey, boys." They turn around and gills turns to Gus, "See, I knew she'd come around." I roll my eyes. "My twins cousins are coming over for that road trip, all the way from UK. Their fifteen an they need some friends, so I was wondering if you could keep them company?" They looks at each other with wide eyes. "THE UK!" They simultaneously yell. I nod. "Cool."

I laugh and Gabby pulls me in her room. "I'm gonna take a shower. Meanwhile here's my shirt," she says motioning to the bag In her hand. "And you know where my closet is. You get my outfit and meet me at your house. I'll go pick up the food." I nod as she gets some random clothes and undergarments, walking into her bathroom. I go through her closet and pick up the same things that resemble my outfit. After picking everything, I knock on her door and say a quick goodbye, carrying her stuff in a converse duffel bag, and leaving her house.

I get to my house and ponder if I should use the paint and glitter. We got floor seats, thanks to Austin so I guess I'll do their faces with paint and mine and Gabby's with paint and glitter. Oh, yeah, this is gonna be the best.