Tamales

SONGS FOR CHAPTER

POMPEII- Bastille

Love the way you lie- Rihanna

Comment on fave parts please, or sucky parts, or messed up parts where I have made a mistake
~•~

I woke up to the sound of plates falling and dishes moving, making the loudest racket I've heard. I get up and rub my eyes, grabbing my phone from the floor and checking the time.

12:50

My eyes widen, but I realize that i feel pretty refreshed. Spotting my suitcase, I grab some jeans and a red-and-white striped tank, that probably isn't mine on it. I find my bra and undies and decide to go with those. I take a quick shower, rinsing myself of everywhere, and step out, drying myself and leaving the bathroom. Gabby is now in the room, searching for something in her bag, frantically. I furrow my eyebrows and finish drying my hair with a towel.

"What's wrong?" I grab my toothbrush and make my way to the bathroom, using the toothpaste gabby brought and rinsing out my mouth. She groans and leans against the wall, crying, and dropping down. I wash my too the rush and go sit next to her.

"Damn hormones of yours." I mumble. She chuckles lowly, and lifts her head from her knees. "I'm looking for my prenatal vitamins. I didn't take them yesterday because when it was around morning, we got there and I knocked out. And then I forgot after I woke up, since I found out that we were sharing a room with your cousins. And now I can't find them. They're supposed to help the baby and me with the smells and stuff."

I sigh and get up, looking through her bag, and mine, finding her little bottle of pills, and giving them to her. She hugs me and jumps enthusiastically, before grabbing the water bottle she had in her hand, and swallowing one. Bipolar.

"Okay, now let's go and put on some sandals so you can at least tell me the names of your relatives' horses." She grabs my hand and tugs me along as I grab my brown sandals, and slip them on. I frown and pull back. She looks back worried. "What if he's out there? I can't face him yet." I whine and whine until she slaps me out of nowhere, telling me where is the real Lesley.

And that's when I actually get the guts to leave the room and force a smile. We run out laughing, considering that Gabby is going at an unbelievable speed. We reach the kitchen which leads to the back door where the stables are, but someone stops us.

"Lesley! Give me a hug!" I turn around and see Ernesto, or Ernie, and squeal. "Ernie and Burt!" I hug him and he hugs me back. Laughing at the nickname, he let's me go and pats my head. "Mira nomás. Creciste más que nada, mija." Ernie is my uncle. He is amazing, and super fun.

"I gotta go uncle Ernie. See you later!" I grab Gabby's hand and continue running until Bobi calls us. "'Ey! Come help us clean the table before everyone arrives!" She standing in the doorway of the dining room that my uncles company built. It's a small, unprofessional company but very popular. We look at each other and groan, obliging while walking over to Bobi and grabbing the rags she hands us to clean the tables.

A tiny black radio is playing in the background, low but high enough to hear. Aunt Bobi turns it up and starts to dance. I laugh and do the same. It's bachata, a type
Of dance my Aunt Bobi adores. Bryce and Javi appear, both doing the same and becoming our partners. Gabby watches and sits down on a nearby chair. We do the moves and spins, until the song finishes and we laugh, out of breath. Gabby claps, and cheers with my other relatives, the triplets among them. We continue cleaning and put the chair in the tables. Grandma Rosa announces that the turkeys almost ready, and we leave to get ready.

I had already taken a shower, so I left the ball of arguing girls and started getting dressed. I grab my suitcase and look thru it, trying to find something suitable.