Guess Who?

Guess Who?

"I'm moving to Miami," he blurted five minutes after we've boarded the bus and headed back to school. His outburst caught me off guard. Miami? Since when? And when was he planning on telling me.

"I'll be leaving after the new year, a house by the shore with my mom. Alex Robert and Zach as well. I'm dripping out of school, also." He adds at the end. Tears surface my eyes and I deny the demand to look at him. "My tour starts in less than five days, and I was planning to tell you on our date on Saturday, but-"

"You messed up. As always." I finish for him. I finally look at him and catch him nodding. "I'm not right for you, no matter how much I wish I was. I'm always hurting you and I don't want that. I want you to be happy. And if someone else makes you happy, no matter how miserable I'll probably be, I'll be okay with it."

Tears slip my eyes as the teacher stands up, and starts to speak. "The results will come in next week on Monday. You will be called to the nurses office to retrieve it. They will make an announcement announcing when you can pick it up. Now when we get to school, please go straight to your classes and hand this to your teacher. She passes a paper to some people, who don't have her last period. And as we get to school, we do exactly as she says.

Jake picks me and Gabby up and takes us to the park. We stay for the while and tell Jake about our experience. Gabby goes first and says that the already knows she pregnant and so on. All smiles and laugh and weird faces. But when it comes to mine, every one gets the same look they had when I told them about the vomiting. A knowing get concerned, look.

I slam my drink down after putting the cap on, causing then to snap their heads to me. "Alright! What's with the looks?" They seem utterly confused and glance at each other. "Everytime I tell you guys my symptoms, you get these looks that-"

"How many times did you and Austin have sex, Lesley?" Jake asks after rudely cutting me off, but his words are nice. His question catches me off guard, causing me to hesitate. "Don't know. Two... maybe five times." I whisper the last few words. I look up as they both blurt in unison, "What!"

They seem shocked, quickly covered by concern and determination. Next thing I know, Jake grabs my arm and hands Damian to Gabby, running to his car and climbing in. I grunt and yell at him to explain to me what is going on but he refuses until we hit the highway.

"Has their been anyone else besides his, Les?" He looks over at me. I shake my head. "What's wrong? Why did we suddenly leave?" He keeps driving and asking me questions. He's going at a surprisingly slow mileage, concerning his face that shows anger and panic.

"When did you last have your period?"

"November 2."

"When was it that you and Austin, 'did it'?"

"Last Wednesday."

"Shit, it's already been a week. The least it would take is a month."

"What?"

"How many times did you say?"

"What are you-"

"How many?"

"Five."

"Tell me what kind of symptoms have you had besides nausea?"

He sounds so professional, it's scary. I mean his mom is a nurse.

"Um... Dizziness. Nausea, headaches, sleepy, I feel sick when I smell meat and fish and stuff."

"Have you been crying a lot lately?"

I shrug. "Yeah. But why are you asking me all these questions?" He ignored me and pulls over, giving Gabby money and nodding at her. She nods back and takes the money, rushing into the store.