78.

DELANO POV

Gia was cleared to come home the next day

Gia was cleared to come home the next day. We've been home ever since. I was still distraught about the miscarriage. I'm no expert but maybe thinking Gia would be more emotional than she was. Not wanting her to be hurt or upset. But she's been walking around here like nothing happened.

I made her report the assault. From what I heard there's an warrant out for Bria's arrest. Hopefully they'll catch her. Knowing Gia very well I know she's hiding what she's feeling. This can't be good.

Last night when everyone was asleep I did some research on miscarriages and what emotions come with it...

Walking into our room I saw Gia fixing Salem's hair. "Can we talk?" I asked. She glanced at me "what about?".

"I want to make sure you're okay with what happened" I said.

"Told you already I'm fine" she said.

"Are you sure? Maybe you should talk to your therapist" I suggested.

"Delano, I'm fine okay? Trust me when I'm telling you I'm fine" she got up and stormed out the room. Salem stood in front of me just staring at me. Red flag number one... she's running away from what she's feeling. Seeing Salem's little arms go up.

Picking her up and walking to where Gia was. I stood there just watching her. She was okay. Blinking a few times I saw a red spot on her pants. "Hey what's that spot on your pants?". She looked around to see what I was talking about. "Where?".

Blinking again... the spot disappeared. Closing my eyes and just trying to compose myself. "What spot?".

"Nothing nevermind. My eyes are playing tricks on me" I said.

"Weird. Anyway... I'm making steak tonight. Is that okay with you?" She asked.

"Yeah that's fine!" I said. Salem wanted to go mess with Kai so I put her down. Walking into the bathroom I put some cool water over my face. Watching my reflection in the mirror... the image of Gia on the stretcher and blood was everywhere. I gasped loudly. Closing my eyes once again. What the hell is going on here?!.

"Delano are you okay?" Gia asked through the closed door.

"Umm yeah I'm fine" I yelled. Hearing her footsteps move from the door. Shaking off the thoughts that were filling my mind. Clearing my throat I opened the door "hey dad". Ryan walked passed me. Giving him a smile. Maybe I need to lay down for a bit.

As I laid there I tried to relax. Feeling the bed move I knew it was Salem. She snuggled up next to me and just stared at me. Maybe she senses something is wrong with me.

..... Gia laid on the bed. Blood everywhere. I couldn't help her. Screaming at the top of my lungs for help. A woman came with her hands out but it was covered with blood.

A small baby was in her palm. She handed the bloody baby to me. It was pocket size. Shaking because I was confused. Looking back I see Gia unconscious. Pointing to her the woman glanced at Gia and back at me. She started rubbing her bloody hands on me.

The baby in my hand was crying but it was a weak cry. Feeling the need to try and help it. But before I could do that the woman squished it with her hand. Screaming at her for what she did...

Jumping up out of my sleep sweating profusely. Gia was there with a concerned look on her face. "I've been trying to wake you up for five minutes. You was screaming!".

Trying to catch my breath and also my mind. "Sorry. I had a bad dream".

"Oh, want to talk about it? Usually when you talk about a bad dream it doesn't come back" she said.

Shaking my head "no it was just a dream. That's all".

She shrugged "if you say so. Anyway dinner is ready. Salem left you here".

Taking a deep breath "I'll be there in a minute. Let me wash my face first". She smiled and exited the room. That dream felt so real. Putting cold water all over my face so I could wake up some more. When I was done I walked into the kitchen where everyone was eating. Gia got up and put my plate in front of me. When I glanced at her arm it was bloody.  I pushed my chair back in fright. "Delano?".

"Huh?" I asked.

"You are acting weird today. Are you sure you're okay?" She asked.

I nodded "just tired". She raised her eyebrow and went to sit down in her chair. I didn't want to look at Gia because I'll see the blood that's all over her. Closing my eyes again so I can just relax. "Dad? Are you okay?" Kai asked.

"Yeah I'm fine" I said.

"Well how can you eat with your eyes closed?" He asked.

"I'm just trying to relax" I said.

"Oh cause I was about to try it. Seems a little fun" he said. Gia cleared her throat "you better not". My appetite wasn't in sight. I played with my food mostly until everyone started clearing from the table. "Not hungry?" Gia asked. I sighed "I guess not".

She frowned "look, if you need to speak to someone I'm here. And if not me... my therapist is willing to talk to you".

"Gia I'm fine! I don't need to speak to anyone! I'm just still having flashbacks of what happened that day. It'll pass okay". She stared at me like she didn't believe anything I was saying. But at the same time she didn't want to argue about it. "Okay". She got up and started clearing the plates from the table.

This will pass and I'll be fine.