23.

GIA POV

Depression is a real thing. I've been in this funk for months. Bria has tried to get me to move on and forget about Delano but it's hard. My dad wanted to throw my baby shower at his home. I didn't even want to go to that. But Bria is forcing me too.

"Come on! People are there and you need to go" she said. Sitting there just slouching. She was fixing my hair but I didn't care. Is this what Delano felt when I pushed him away? This actually hurts.

After forcing me out the door we were on the way there. Seeing the pink balloons outside just floating in the air made me cry. I covered my face and let the tears flow down my face. Bria sighed "oh come on Gia. Please don't do this today!".

"I can't help it" I sobbed. She let me cry until I was done. She cleaned up my face so it didn't look like I was crying. We walked inside and everyone congratulated me on my pregnancy. My dad saw me and hugged me "it's going to be okay". I knew he was trying to help but it wasn't helping at all. I sat down and just stayed there. I wasn't feeling this baby shower. I feel like Delano should be here enjoying this with me. It's something we both tried to have before and it never went well.

"You'll be okay trust me" my dad said. Shaking my head "it's so hard".

"I know it is. But you also have two boys and a girl to be strong for" he said. Glancing at Ryan and Kairo playing I smiled. He squeezed my hand and left. Everyone was so happy and enjoying themselves and I was here just depressed. All I felt like doing was crying. That's how hurt I felt.

"Alright everyone time for gift opening"Bria said. Last thing I wanted to do. She forced me to open gifts and pretend to be happy. Pretending was something I used to do. So that wasn't hard at all. When the party was done I started sobbing again. "Mommy don't cry" Ryan said. I wiped my tears. "I love you and so does Kairo and Salem. And even daddy" he said.

I smiled "thanks". He hugged me and disappeared. "Gia let the boys stay here tonight. Bria can help you get all the gifts to your place" my dad said. I didn't fight him. "Okay". Both boys were happy they were sleeping over. On the way back to my place I noticed Delano's truck was outside still running. I didn't want to see him. He's the reason I'm feeling like this. Bria looked at me "I can drive around and wait til he leaves".

"No let's get these things upstairs" I said. She nodded and parked the car. She got out and helped me out. I stood there seeing her bringing the things upstairs. I heard his car door slam and he stood there just watching me. I turned myself away from him and kept my focus on Bria.

He must've realized he missed the baby shower cause he looked down as if he was thinking. After Bria was done "you'll be okay?".

I nodded "yeah thanks for everything". She hugged me and flipped off Delano before speeding off in her car. I turned to go home but I felt his presence right behind me. Turning around he was past the personal space. He didn't speak neither did I. "I'm sorry".

I didn't say anything.

"Last thing I thought would ever happen, happened" he said.

Again I was silent.

"I'm sorry for hurting you. You didn't deserve that at all. I'm sorry for not being here for you. And for missing the baby shower. I wish I could explain everything but I can't".

I wasn't even looking at him. The ground seemed more interesting.

"Gia please say something?!" He asked.

"What is there to say?... how you truly hurt me beyond words. I've been in a heavy depression since all of this happened. To the point my father doesn't think it's a safe place for my kids to be around me!".

"Nevermind you played me. I put my feelings out there and what do you do? You play with me. I thought we were going to finally make it and be happy. You took that rug and ripped it from under me. Thank you!".

He stood there quiet. I shook my head and turned away from him to go upstairs. "Wait?... I've been in a miserable marriage for the past couple of months. You are all I think about day and night. I can't do this!.... you remember Christina?".

"You mean the idiot you slept with... Wait that your mother planted for that to happen" I said. He nodded "yes... well she's claiming that the child she has is mine. She told me about this before but I just brushed it off cause it's not mine".

I was blown away. "Anything else you want to tell me?".

"My mother found out about this and is holding it as leverage for me to stay what Madison. In order for it not to be told to you. I can't be with Madison anymore. She's not the one who makes me happy".

"So you're telling me. You might have a child out there? And your mother is holding this for you to be with Madison?" I asked. He nodded "exactly... I wasn't sure if you found out about the child that's not mine how you would react. I don't want to lose you gia".

"Why didn't you get a DNA test then when she first told you?" I asked.

"No reason really... but I'm sure that child isn't mine. I'm positive" he said.

"The only thing I can tell you is.. get a DNA test done so you can get this off your back. And until you dead all of your family then we can work on our relationship. But for now, I don't want to be near you with all the other roaches crawling near you. I'm almost due I don't want any stress. It's bad enough I can't stop crying".

"I understand. And again I'm sorry. I wish I could make it up to you ten times" he said.

"Well I don't know what else to say. I'm tired from crying all day at Salem's baby shower" I said.

"Thank you for speaking with me at least" he said.

"Yup... you can go now" I said. He nodded and walked off. I don't want to be mean. Cause at the moment I'm too depressed for that. But I can't be around someone with all that toxic energy. It's not healthy. Delano needs to fix that before he comes over here playing family.