35.

GIA POV

"Welcome Gia! So tell me what's been going on with you since the last time we spoke?" My therapist asked.

"The usual. Delano is acting more jealous than he already is naturally" I said.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well he doesn't like it when I speak to other males. Because of a situation before with Noah. So he rather me not speak to any males" I said.

"So you think maybe he's trying to protect you from what could be out there?" She asked.

"I guess if you put it that way. But I've learned from the Noah thing. But I can't help and not speak to anyone. Like there's this guy at work who seems nice and he had his own life and Delano saw him and I laughing and he blew a lid".

"Gia if you don't mind me asking. Have you ever had any female friends? Except from Bria" thinking about it... "no, it's hard for me to trust females. Don't call me crazy. But dealing with the devil of my mother I just don't flock to females easily. I always think there's a motive on why they're being nice to me".

"But you do know not everyone is like your mother?" She asked.

"True... but even dealing with Delano's mom same thing. My history with females haven't been good. Hence why I stand clear of them" I said.

"Your dad... I know you said before you knew about your real dad the guy you called dad. He treated you like a daughter?".

I nodded "yes, he treated me like he should've. But my real dad treats me like gold. He shows me attention and affection. Something I wasn't used too".

"And Delano...?"

"Delano... He is... I mean he can be this wonderful most loving person. Then the next day he can be this pushy I want what I want person. Just like when he wanted myself and our children to move in with him when he bought a new house. I tried explaining to him that it's not that easy to get up and just go. He got upset about that".

She stayed silent..

"But the universe always works in his favor cause my apartment got broken into and trashed so that made me paranoid. So I ended up moving in with him" I said.

"Did you ever find out who broken into your place?" She asked.

"Nope. The police did inform me before that they will never find who did it" I said.

"How's the new baby?" She asked.

"She's growing. Such a good baby. And so pretty" I said.

"How is Delano with the new baby?" She asked.

"He's attached to her. That's one thing I do have to applaud him on. He's such a good father to our kids. Even when we were co-parenting... he always put them first no matter what" I said.

"That's great to hear. I like when you come in here and just compliment him on doing things. The positive words are a powerful thing" she said.

"I don't think I ever say anything negative about him. There's no need to" I said.

"Could you say you love Delano? And when I say love I mean truly love him. Butterflies and sparks all that stuff". Thinking about it. I haven't even told Delano I loved him. That is something I'm working on. You know coming from a place you never heard those three words and when you try and say it there's no emotion behind it.

"Well?" She asked.

I couldn't answer the question. Speechless. I couldn't lie either cause she'll see right through me.

"Gia, I asked this question because you and Delano had another baby. After the four years you were separated. I'm curious if maybe the reason you two are together and will always be together is because Delano is needy and you like to be needed".

"Excuse me?".

"Gia coming from where you came from you never felt like your mother wanted you. Feeling like the outcast of the family. Then Delano shows up needing you. You could fight the feeling of wanting to be needed but you eventually gave in. It's like a puzzle piece. If it fits in one space then you'll connect it. He needs you and you like the feeling of being needed by him. Even though you may not show it".

Thinking back... all the times Delano and I just fed off each other. Is that why we keep getting back together anytime we are apart?.

"You know my manager is a creep. And I didn't tell Delano about him. Anyway we happen to bump into each other at the park. And well Delano spotted what  he was trying to do and called him out on it. Let's just say he got upset" I said.

"Delano is protective of you gia. He will always be your knight in shining armor. He's not going to lose the one person who can enable his neediness. Especially since it's been years of it as well".

Never saw it in that way.

"Interesting..."

"You two feed into each other. That's why even if you were to find someone else and he is with someone else like he was. You two will always find yourself going back to one another. No one else can fill the voids like how you two can fill it for each other".

This woman is making some sense here. It's weird you never really see what someone from the outside will see.