1.

Four years later...

DELANO POV

Since Gia didn't want to be together I wasn't going to fight for it anymore

Since Gia didn't want to be together I wasn't going to fight for it anymore. I left Arizona and sent her things over. Our co parenting was great. No hard feelings, no bullshit. Life seems to be going great now.

Within a year from separating from Gia I met Madison. A difference from Gia. Madison was laid back and quiet. She wasn't something I was used to. But she kept chasing after me. So I just gave in and I'm happy I did. She's an amazing woman.

My boys like her. Ryan is now eight years old. Very curious little boy. Wants to know everything. Kairo is now four years old. He took after Gia. Very hard headed and wants to what he wants. We moved back to Arizona to be closer to the boys. Madison didn't mind at all.

My mother and I made up. Actually after Gia and I broke up she was the one who called me and spoke to me about it. Let's just say she was beyond happy. When she met Madison it's like she turned into a different person.

Dating Madison for about two years I knew she was the one I wanted to marry. My mom and my sister helped out with the whole proposal. Madison didn't even suspect anything. Let's just say the moment was beautiful and she said yes.

We had a beautiful wedding. The ring I gave gia wasn't the same ring I gave Madison. Ryan was in the wedding. Kairo was sick with a cold so he couldn't come. I even invited Gia but due to Kairo being sick she had to tend to him.

Gia and Madison actually get along great. When she drops the boys off they usually have a short convo. Seeing Gia when I do that same day repeats over and over in my head. She could be right now where Madison is.

I wasn't ready to add more kids to what I have now. Madison understands and doesn't push the idea. I rather us enjoy being married before we start having kids.

                                ••••••••••••••••

GIA POV

"Well Gia same time next week?" My therapist asked. I nodded "yup". She wrote down on a little sticky pad and handed it to me. "Great session today. I'm happy how far you've come from the first time we spoke".

When I broke up with Delano I was dealing with postpartum depression. But I didn't want to put him through that. I've put him through enough. I felt like the best thing was to just remove myself from him in order for myself to get better. It was hard but it's what had to done. Ever since dealing with that I was recommended to see a therapist. Best thing I could've ever done.

Overcoming abuse from my past. It's allowing me to open my eyes and seeing things differently. I've become the old Gia. I was always happy and smiling. I'm allowing love from family to be received. Bria and I got closer since I've been working on myself. And she's been hard on me too. I couldn't thank her enough.

"Where are the boys?" Bria asked.

"Delano has them for the weekend" I said.

"I still can't believe he got married. Thinking he would've waited for you like he did previously" Bria said.

"It's what I wanted him to do. It wasn't fair for him to be someone who didn't love him. And now he has Madison and he's happy" I said.

"It doesn't bother you?" Bria asked.

"Nope. Madison is a sweet person. And she treats the boys very good" I said. Bria shrugged "if you say so".

Why would I be jealous of Madison when I told Delano to be with someone who loves him?. That wouldn't make any sense. I finished with school and I graduated. The school I was with did job placements after graduation. So I got a job at a clinic working five days a week. Finally doing for myself for once.

And Noah I must say he violated the restraining order so he got arrested. But when the cops searched him they found some illegal substance as well. Let's just say he's going to be in jail for a while. God is good.

I'm definitely not ready to date. Being a relationship for as long as I was... I rather not be tied down to anyone. My boys are my main focus. Their happiness and well being is my top priority.

"How about we go out and just chill tonight?" Bria asked.

"Nah I'm good" I said.

"You know I find it amazing. Ever since you and Delano broke up you don't feel the need to go out. You rather stay home all the time. Even when he has the boys".

"Listen after the whole Noah situation I rather not even look at another guy. Next thing they might read me wrong and see something more than what I'm giving out. I'm good. Let me focus on myself and my kids and that's it" I said.

"Gia you did good for yourself. It's been four years.. it's okay to have some fun once in a while. You deserve it. You work hard and well you're a damn good mother".

"Nice try but the answer is still no. I'm content staying home tonight" I said. I'm not the same Gia who would wonder the world. I've matured since then. Call me a homebody now.

"Fine, let's just Netflix and order food. And we are being fatties" Bria said grabbing a menu. This is my life now and I can't complain. For the first time in a long time I'm happy.