64

Example 2:

A few months later...

As I was leaving to go home Delano of course stopped me. He could never let me go in peace. Not realizing Bria was behind me. "Gia tomorrow morning I need you here an hour earlier".

"Really? Why?" I whined.

"Because I need help with incoming products" he said.

"Isn't that why you have male workers here?" I asked.

"Just be here, please" he said.

I sighed "fine". He went back in his office and now I was pissed. Bria scared the shit out of me "how come you get to come to work all early?".

"Apparently the boss is too weak to receive these products on his own. So he needs my help" I said.

"Well if you don't want to do it I can do it" she said. That was an idea. We both walked into his office "I'm off the hook. Bria said she will do it". He looked up from his desk "that's nice of you Bria. But I already asked Gia and she agreed. So Gia, be here".

"But I mean if she doesn't want to do it and I do then I don't see the problem".

"The problem is Gia is being lazy. I told her to be here tomorrow and that's who I expect to see or someone will lose her job". Rolling my eyes "that will one day get old". Bria stormed out the office. "Wait?" I yelled. Catching up to her "at least I tried".

"It's whatever! He rather have you here tomorrow. I don't get it. You can't stand the sight of him but he keeps trying".

"When you find a reason on why please let me know" I joked.

"I have a plan. I'll throw a party and invite everyone" she said.

"Are you sure your dad will let you have a party? Especially after the last one".

"Yeah if I bug him enough he'll let me have it. Just wait and see" she said. Not realizing her true intentions on why she was throwing this party.

The next morning my attitude was on a ten. I needed coffee and I didn't see myself getting any. Opening the door I saw Delano smiling at me "morning!".

"Look! I haven't had any caffeine so let's just get this over with". He nodded and went into his office that's where I saw a Starbucks coffee just sitting there with my name on it. He saw me looking at it "it's yours. I figured you would be grumpy".

"How do you even know what I drink?" I asked.

"I pay close attention" he said.

Slowly grabbing the coffee I just stared at him. He stood there with a smile on his face. "Thanks".

"You're very welcome" he said.

When Bria came to work she was excited. "Why are you so happy?".

"Cause my dad said I can have the party!" She said.

"Oh really? cool" I said. Sipping on my coffee she looked at me "you had time to get coffee and still be on time?".

"No not even. But Delano got this for me. Weird" I said. Bria got quiet for a moment. "Anyway let me start telling people about this party!". She ran off just yelling about her party. Shrugging off her weird attitude I continued to somewhat work.

Bumping into Bria on my way to clock out. I over heard her telling Delano about her party. Why would she invite him?!. "Are you crazy? Inviting him!".

"Let him live a little. Plus, I have my reasons on why I'm inviting him" she smirked.

"That's nasty!" I said.

Skipping to the party as I said before I was drinking and so was Bria. I know Delano was there cause I caught him dancing with me. I do remember when I walked away from him and he was watching me Bria walked over to him. Not paying that any mind I went to try and drink off Delano's touch.

That's when I caught Bria in a room all disheveled but I didn't see the person inside. But I knew it wasn't Delano. Cause he appeared behind me after I left Bria.

You can say they both had there agendas that night. Bria wanted Delano. And Delano wanted me. Actually if Bria didn't invite Delano that night my life would be completely different.

Why didn't I see this until now? Was I so blinded by our friendship that Bria couldn't do no wrong?. Or maybe all the stuff I was dealing with just distracted me.

She was so wasted when she realized I slept with Delano she was so happy for me. It's amazing what alcohol can do to a person. She was my friend. Anytime I needed something she was there. Even when Delano and I were shaky in the beginning she was there. She was a little too happy when Delano and I would have an argument.

[by the way these are real situations I went through with my own manager. He was a little obsessive]