3.

DELANO POV

"Babe!" Madison called out. I was trying to get some work done today. Hiding away in my work room. She walked inside smiling "what are you doing?". Looking up at her "work, what's up?" I asked. She took a seat in front of my desk. "I was thinking that we been married for two years and I think it'll be the right time to start making babies".

"Madison I would love to but not right now. I have enough to handle with my two sons" I said.

"You don't want to have kids with me?" She asked.

"I do, not give it some more time" I said.

"It's already been two years. How much more time do you need?" She asked. We have this conversation about two times a week and I tell her the same answer every time. I just wasn't ready to have more children.

"Madison? Please okay. Just give me some more time. Let's just enjoy our marriage before we bring our own kids into it" I said. She sighed "oh before I forget Emmalee is throwing a fundraiser at the park on Saturday. She wanted to know if you could bring Gia and the two boys".

"I don't know if she'll come. Do you know if my mom will be there?" I asked.

She shrugged "that I don't know. What is the problem with Gia and your mom?".

"It's a lot. Don't worry about that. A lot of negativity on my mothers part" I said. Madison frowned "wow. Your mom is so nice to me. So it's a little odd that she would be so negative to Gia".

I wanted to explain to her how my mother is a complete racist but I wasn't in the mood for that conversation. "Anyway let me get back to work". She nodded and walked out the room. If my mom is going to be there then I know for a fact Gia won't go. I'll have to call Emmalee.

"Hey big bro what's up?" She said.

"I have a question... did you invite Gia and the kids to your fundraiser?" I asked.

"Yeah I did. Figuring it'll be a fun time for them. And I haven't seen Gia in years" she said.

"Oh okay, is mom going to be there?" I asked.

"No. She has another event to tend to. But she did donate money though. So hence why I invited Gia" she said.

"Okay I'll talk to gia and see what she says. Thank you" I said.

"No problem see you there" she said ending the call.

                                  ••••••••••••••••

GIA POV

On my only off day Kairo and I went to the local park to he can release all the energy he has. He has so much energy it's crazy. "Hey why are your shoes off your feet?!". He stopped and looked at me. Shaking my head cause before I know it he'll be half dressed running around the park.

This damn boy definitely took after me

This damn boy definitely took after me. He don't listen for nothing. And he's not afraid of anything. Just yesterday when Bria came over he jumped from the top of the book shelf and crashed into the couch. Bria almost had a heart attack not realizing he was up there.

I even asked Delano if he acts like that when he's with him but he swears he doesn't. I'm starting to think this little boy just wants to cause me stress. "Mommy look" he yelled. There he goes hanging upside down on the monkey bars. "Please be careful!!" I yelled.

Delano wanted to meet with me to ask me something I could only imagine what it could be. "Daddy!" I turned to see him walking into the gate. "Why does he not have shoes on?".

"I have no idea. As long as he has his clothes on that's all I'm worried about" I joked. He took a seat next to me. "You look good" he said. Raising my brow "why did you want to meet?". After that dinner we had I didn't want to over step that boundary again. He's married now. I need to respect that.

"Well my sister is throwing a fundraiser in the park on Saturday and she wants you guys to come" he said.

"Yeah I don't so. But thanks for the invite" I said.

"Listen my mom wont be there. So I would like if you guys could come and have fun" I said.

"Am I going for you or your sister?" I asked.

"Both. Plus, the boys would have a lot of fun. Come on please". I already know this plan. I go and apparently his mom shouldn't be there but she will pop up to start belittling me. "I don't know Delano".

"Gia? Please?!" He pleaded. Why is he stressing this so much? Isn't Madison going?. "I just don't want to go and then your mom shows up and starts drama. I'm not that Gia that she met. I will fight her" I warned.

"Look trust me she's not going. Just come and enjoy yourself" he said. Looking at Kairo who was being himself and then back at Delano. "Let me ask Ryan when he gets home from school and see what he says".

"Fair enough. And thank you for at least giving it a thought" he said. I didn't say anything I was just focused on Kairo who was trying to walk down the slide.

When Ryan came home from school I did ask him what he thought about the fundraiser. He was a little hesitant to answer. As Ryan got older he now somewhat understands about Delano's mother. He's seen it first hand a year ago. "I guess... I don't know. If you want to go then sure".

"Do you want to go?" I asked.

"Truthfully? No!. The mean woman will end up showing up. So why put all of us in that situation?" He asked. "Well apparently she's not going to be there. So your dads says".

Ryan shrugged his shoulders "it's on you".

"How about you can stay with Bria and I'll go with Kairo. Sounds good?" I asked. He nodded "I like that idea. I still haven't forgotten what happened with that woman. I'm good not going. Or ever knowing her".

"I know... I know. And I'm sorry that happened" I said.

"It's not your fault. I was with dad that time. Don't blame yourself mom" he said. Even for an eight year old Ryan was wise beyond his years.