42.

GIA POV

I still had Bria's bracelet in my hand

I still had Bria's bracelet in my hand. How could she do what she did? She's my sister, my best friend and she ends up doing this? For what?. We been friends for so long for her to do this to me. I have to say it did hurt. I'm starting to feel I can't trust anyone.

"You'll be okay, right?" Delano asked.

I nodded "I don't have a choice".

He gave me a small smile and left the house. It was just me and Salem today. I was so distraught I called out of work. But the burning question was killing me. I wanted to know why she did it. Even though Delano suggested I stay away from her... but I couldn't. Packing up Salem and going over to Bria's apartment.

When I got there I knocked on the door. She opened it and smiled "well hello stranger". She motioned me to come inside. "Oh my goodness Salem you got so big!". She took Salem out of her car seat and hugged her. "Wow i feel like I haven't seen her in so long".

"It hasn't been that long" I said.

"So what brings you here?" She asked. I took out the bracelet and had it dangle from my hand. She gasped "where did you find this?! I've been looking all over for this!. Literally I lost this like months ago and couldn't find it".

"Surprisingly I found it in my old place along with the ripped up shit" I said.

"What? How the hell did it get there? I thought this whole time I dropped it in my apartment" she said.

"Maybe it got there because you were there" I suggested.

"I know you are not accusing me of breaking into your place" she said.

"What else could I make of your bracelet being in my apartment?" I asked.

"Gia I swear on everything I didn't break into your home. Why the hell would I do that? Knowing you have children who live there. I'm not that sick in the head" she said. She took the bracelet back and put it back on her wrist. "You know I was damn Gia is going to be so mad when she sees I don't have on the bracelet".

Now I was getting upset. Every time I think someone did something they have an excuse on why they aren't the one. "Plus, I already told you who I think did it. And he has every reason for it. You just don't want to believe it".

"You know what at this point I don't know who's lying or who's telling the truth" I said.

"Well I'm telling you it wasn't me. I'm happy I got my bracelet back but I don't know how it got in your apartment. Actually it sounds sort of creepy... it's like my bracelet teleported to your place" she said.

Just staring at her to see if maybe I can tell if she's lying to me. She was too busy playing with Salem. "Gia I have no reason to lie. And what purpose would it serve me to damage your place like that? Come on we been friends for so long... and we come so far too. It wasn't me" she said.

Sighing "Sorry.. I'm just confused with everyone and everything. If it's not Delano and not you.. then I don't know. Or maybe it was Delano and he's lying. I don't even know anymore. All this thinking is making my head hurt". She hugged me "aww it's okay".

                           ••••••••••••••••••••••

When I got back home Delano was there. "Where'd you go?" He asked.

"I went to see Bria" I said. He shook his head "didn't I say to stay away from her?". Fanning him away "I know but I needed answers!".

"Let me guess she said she didn't do it, right?" He asked.

"Pretty much but she had a some what valid reason why she wouldn't do something like that" I said.

"Never mind her bracelet was at the scene of the robbery" he said.

"Listen at this point... it could be you as well. You still can't come up with a perfectly good reason why you have some pictures here that you shouldn't have"'I said.

"Gia come on let's now start accusing me again for the millionth time. I just know Bria tricked you into thinking she was innocent and you fed into it" he said. Holding my head because all this was driving me crazy. "You know what I don't know who I can trust anymore".

"You can trust me, can't you?" He asked.

"Can I?... I mean your track record isn't so clean" I said.

"Are you being serious right now?" He asked.

"You asked a question and I gave you an answer" I said. He nodded "That's good to know that you can't trust father of your kids".

"Whatever, I'm done with this whole break in and this conversation. At the end of the day you don't know the way it feels when you can really trust anyone's word" I said. I wasnt in the mood for the bullshit today. Walking away from him. He doesn't know how it feels but he has the nerve to ask me if I trust him.

I don't know who I trust anymore.