41.

DELANO POV

Gia and I were spending some time together

Gia and I were spending some time together. And we had to take Salem to the doctor as well. Figured since both boys was in school that we just have a day with Salem. "You know after this I think we should swing by my old place".

"And why would you want to do that?" I asked.

"Because shit maybe we can find something rather than the police can" she said.

"I don't know gia. I don't think that's a safe choice to do" I said. She titled her head at me with Salem on her lap just smiling away. Couple of people kept glancing at us. "Don't you just love that some people still find interracial relationships taboo?".

"You're not going to stop asking... so I guess we swing by but we are not spending anymore than thirty mins in there" I said. She nodded "oh we won't trust me".

They called us in the back. Once Gia places Salem on the bed she started fussing. "Here we go" she said. The doctor came in with a huge smile "hello! And how is Salem doing?!".

"She's fine... just a little fussy. She doesn't like doctors" Gia joked.

"Salem you don't like me?" She playfully asked. When she went to touch her Salem moved away and grabbed Gia's shirt. "I guess that's a no".

"She seems very strong. Everything seems okay?" She asked. I nodded "she's good. Nothing to really be concerned about".

"Good, let me just listen to her lungs" she placed the stethoscope on her back. Salem's face was priceless. "Everything sounds perfect. She's growing beautifully. Such a pretty girl". She wasn't feeling this doctor at all. "Well I'll see you soon okay?" She asked. Salem just turned her head not wanting to even look at this woman. She buried her face in Gia's chest.

After that appointment I drove to Gia's old place. We pulled into the parking lot and we just sat there. "So are we going in or did you change your mind?" I asked. She released a deep breath "let's go in". Turning the car off... she got out and I took Salem in my arms. Luckily her apartment wasn't rented to anyone yet. And the door was open as well. Some landlord she had. Doesn't lock empty apartments.

She pushed the door open and it looked the same way it did. "Wow cant believe I used to live here. So many memories". Walking around myself and just remembering this is where Salem was conceived. "Who would actually have the nerve to destroy someone else's property?".

"Someone who doesn't have much respect for you" I said. She moved around and just went looking for something. Anything really. Moving papers around and trying not to trip over anything. I went into the kids room and looked around. It was pretty much emptied out.

Gia's old room was trashed. I was about to go in there but there was so much shit on the floor I didn't want to trip over anything. "Did you find what you are looking for?" I yelled. She didn't respond to me. "Gia?" I yelled.

Walking back to the living room I see her on the floor holding something. "Did you find anything?". She held up a broken bracelet. "Is that yours?" I asked. She shook her head "it's not mine".

"Then who does it belong to? Unless maybe that's always been here but you're just finding it now" I said. She didn't say anything she just kept looking at the bracelet. "Gia? Do you know who the bracelet belongs too?". She nodded.

Waiting for the answer but she never responded. Seeing a tear fall down her cheek she quickly wiped it. "Hey, Hey... What's wrong?" I asked.

"This is Bria's bracelet. We had bought the same bracelets because that's what best friends do. She told me we never take it off no matter what. And then it's here in the midst of the the ripped up papers and pictures. It only makes sense that Bria was the one who broke into here and did this. My so called sister and best friend trashed my apartment".

Helping her up and hugging her "this is why I kept you guys apart when I did. Just when you think someone is your friend they aren't. I'm sorry so gia" I said. She wiped her tears and took a deep breath "let's get out of here". I nodded "yeah come on" holding her hand pulling her with me. She still had the bracelet in her hand.

The ride home was quiet. Knowing how Gia is she's trying to make sense on why Bria would do this. And also it makes perfect sense on why she tried to convince Gia that it was me that did it. Glancing at her she kept just looking at the bracelet. "Now what am I suppose to do?".

"For one... stay away from Bria for now. I'm just confused on why she would do this. She was so team us getting together and now we are she flipped sides. I wouldn't even tell Bria what you know. Let's see if she slips up first".

"I guess... it's true you can't trust anyone. Crazy right?" She asked.

"You can trust me and our kids" I said. She didn't agree or disagree. This situation right here just got ten times worse. And I don't know if gia can truly handle it either. This is a new type of betrayal. "Look how about we go get something to eat?" I asked.

She nodded "yeah I'm hungry. Sounds good". Gently grabbing her hand in mine. "You'll be okay" I said.