25.

GIA POV

Salem has to be the best baby I've ever had. She sleeps all night and rarely cries. It was somewhat like how Ryan was.  I couldn't ask for a better baby than Salem. My dad wanted us to come over and plus him and his wife wanted to meet Salem.

We all walked inside... well Kairo ran inside. My dad came up to me and took Salem from my arms. "She was beautiful". His wife smiled at Salem as well. "My goodness Gia she is perfect!".

"Thank you" I said.

"Has Delano seen her?" She asked.

I nodded "of course... he's really attached to her". My dad couldn't stop playing with her. "I can see why" he said. "Let's go in the backyard it's nice out" his wife said. She took Salem from my dad and went outside.

My mind went to Delano. I know why right? Well because I love him. I never admitted that before but I do. I want us to work out but his family can't be involved. They ruin anything they touch including us.

Turning I see Salem smiling as my dads wife is holding her up...(I know the baby don't look like a newborn but we goin to pretend lol) ...

(I know the baby don't look like a newborn but we goin to pretend lol)

These are the moments I want Delano here to share. He could be sitting here watching Salem smile and be happy. "Gia are you okay?" My dad asked.

"Yeah I'm fine just thinking..." I said

"Anymore kids for you and Delano?" His wife asked.

"Oh hell no! I'm done. Three is too much and enough" I joked.

"Two boys and a girl you should be complete" my dad said.

"Exactly I feel complete" I joked. We shared a laugh including Salem who was smiling away. I honestly miss Delano. Ryan and Kairo wanted to stay over so I might as well let them. They love it here anyway.

Leaving a little earlier than usual I drove back to my place. Taking Salem out I see Delano's truck parked. "You came to see her?" I asked. He nodded "Actually I wanted you both to come over for a bit".

"Yeah I don't know about that..." I said.

"Oh come on. I put that house up for sale. And I'm renting another house I found until that one gets sold" he said.

"That wasn't the reason I was iffy about going with you. You never know who's watching you" I said.

"Madison I haven't seen or heard from her since I kicked her out. As for my mom she has it coming so..." he said. I'm probably going to regret this. "I have to go get some more things for Salem" I said.

"How about you put her in the car and I'll watch her?" He suggested.

"I don't have a choice on that... so I guess" handing over her car seat to him. I jetted upstairs and packed a few more things for Salem. Making my way downstairs I got in his truck. "Is she safely locked in?" I asked.

"Gia I've had two babies before her. I think I know how to lock a car seat in" he said.

"Okay smartass..." I said. He smiled at me and drove off to the rental house he's at. When we pulled up "nice place". He got out and tended to Salem. I got out and walked inside. "You have a lot of windows".

He smiled "I like to see the outside".

"Of course you do" I joked. He took Salem out her car seat and just played with her. She smiled as he placed kisses all over her face. Watching them interact made my heart melt. "You're a good dad. Our kids are so lucky to have you".

"Despite what's going on.. you guys are my family. And I love you all a lot" he said. Hearing the mail man dropping off the mail. I went to go get it to give it to him. "Someone got their results today" I said. He wide eyed me "really? Open it".

"Umm it's not my results so I'm not opening it. You know how I feel about opening other peoples mail" I said.

"Can you please open it?" He asked. Sucking my teeth I ripped open the letter. I briefly read it and gasped "oh my god! You are the father!". He looked like he was about to faint. "Sikeeee! You are NOT the father. Congrats".

"Gia?! That wasn't funny. I almost had a damn heart attack" he snatched the letter from me. "Some people can't take a joke I see" I said. He just shook his head "I can take a joke but this one wasn't funny".

"Whatever sour puss" I said.

"By the way I told you I wasn't the father. I think I know my babies. I got you pregnant all three times and I knew they were mine. Even Ryan. I only questioned you once but I knew he was mine" he said.

"Uh Huh. Whatever you say" I said. He took off his shirt and threw it at me. "Hey". He smiled and walked to the kitchen "thirsty?".

 He smiled and walked to the kitchen "thirsty?"

"Not with those dad jeans you for on" I joked. He smiled "I can show you daddy if you want. But I don't think you're ready for it".

"You're right... I'm not ready and neither are you. So don't get any ideas. Plus, you're not off the hook either. You still have to destroy the three roaches. Cause the raid isn't killing them fast enough".

"Don't worry about all of that. I got it handled. I want my family back" he said smiling at me. I need to go home before we end up in the bedroom.