36.

GIA POV

After my enlightening therapy session... I made another appointment to continue next time on what we were talking about. She did partially open my eyes on Delano and I's relationship. I walked to my car about to open the doors.

"Gia?" Am familiar voice said. Turning around I see Ron and his daughter. "Oh hey what's up?" I asked.

He held up his daughters arm "my date for the day"

He held up his daughters arm "my date for the day". Looking at the pretty little girl with pig tails. "She's so pretty". The little girl smiled and hid behind her dad. "She's shy" he said.

"I can tell... "I joked.

"So what brings you over here?" He asked.

"Just came to see a friend" I lied.

"Oh... well I don't want to hold you up" he said.

"I was just leaving..." I said.

"I'll see you at work then. Me and my special girl have a movie to catch" he said. The little girl smiled. "Have fun you two" I said. He nodded and walked off with his daughter. Getting in my car I drove on home.

The next day...

Feeling a little better with all the sessions I've been going to. Work was a breeze. My manager hasn't been bothering me since Delano put him in his place. Actually I haven't even seen him lurking around.

"Hey cutie" Ron smacked his hand playfully on the counter. Looking up at him he was all smiles. "How was your date?".

"Amazing. She's the best date of all time" he joked.

"She's cute though" I said.

"Thank you. It's boring here today" he said.

"Maybe did you. I have to print out some papers. But the damn printer is giving me issues" I said. He walked around and went to the printer "I'm usually good with these things" sure enough he did his magic and it started printing again. He took the papers and handed it to me. "Are you in trouble?" He asked.

"Me? No. Just some papers I have to fill out due to my home being broken into some months ago" I said.

"Damn, really? That sucks. You know I was once robbed and it's a horrible experience. You think everyone is out to get you" he said.

"Oh I know! That's why I came here and left over there" I said.

"Did the cops get any leads into who did it?" He asked.

"No... of course they wouldn't try hard enough to even find evidence" I said.

"My brother is a detective. Maybe I can run this by him and he can investigate it more. I mean you deserve some type of answers" he said.

"You would do that?!.. that would be great!" He smiled "what can I say? I'm a nice guy and plus you seem heavily distracted by this. So I want to help".

"Thanks so much" I said. He playfully smacked my counter and walked off. Maybe I will finally get an answer this time around.

••••••••••••••••

DELANO POV

I've literally haven't slept in days

I've literally haven't slept in days. I don't know why either but I can't sleep. Can you tell?. Plus, Salem and Kai are both sick. Gia has been handling it as much as she can but I'm the one who's on nighttime duty. Then on top of that they are both in our bed.

Thank goodness Kai was starting to feel better. Salem is still a little more sick but she'll get better in time. Gia came in with a damp towel. "What's that for?".

"Salem has a temp so this will bring it down a bit" she said. Watching her gently press the towel against Salem's forehead. "You sure that'll work?".

"Listen back in the days when medicine wasn't a thing and they had to do home remedies... it's one of those things"'she said.

"How come you never take care of me that way when I'm sick?" I asked.

"Because you're a grown man. She's a baby. She can't take care of herself like you can" she said. Ryan peeked his head inside with his shirt covering his mouth "is it safe?".

"Safe in what way?" I asked playing dumb.

"The germs. Is it safe to come inside the room?" She asked.

"Ryan just come in here. You'll get sick regardless" Gia said. He came in slowly and stood by the door "everything in here has germs".

"Aren't we smart" Gia smiled.

"I'm learning this in class. About germs. Salem is a big germ" he said.

"And what are you? King germ?" Gia asked.

"Mom! Ewww I'm not a germ! Im leaving I can feel the germs in the air. Crack a window" he sped out the room.

"At least he's focusing in school" I said.

"True" Gia was still holding Salem who seemed to be enjoying the damp towel treatment. She grabbed the thermometer and checked her temp again. "See it went down a lot! The damp towel always works. Along with the cold drink" she said.

"Moms know best. You should try that on me when I'm sick" I said.

"Yeah I try it on you and next thing I know you will be contaminating me with your germs" she said.

"You know me so well.. you know what I'll get you a nurses outfit too. So at least you can play the part" I smirked. She took Salem and placed her on the bed. Sitting up she smiled "Someone is feeling a lot better". Oh I can't wait until all this sickness leaves this house.