63.

GIA POV

You know like they say in order to see things clearly you have to dig deep... so I busted my brain to rethink memories of Bria and I together. To maybe see what I missed... for example:::

[back in the day]

I was running late to work. My damn car decided to break down in the middle of the parkway. Now my car was a old piece of junk but it got me where I needed to be. "Don't let the boss see you" Bria said. Mean mugging her I ran to check in. Going to my locker I took off my big sweater. Then putting on my work shirt.

"So you do know today is sweetheart's day" Bria said.

"And I care why?" I said.

"Because you need a man. And today is the perfect day to find one for you" she said.

"No thank you. Don't need that stress" I said.

"Well for some reason Delano has people handing out special lollipops to those that got chosen for it. It's a matter of time before I get numerous lollipops"

"Good for you! All I want to do is work and go home" I said. She sucked her teeth "I'll see you around". I was beyond tired. And this heat isn't helping. Seeing other people with their lollipops was making me sick. Never understood why show someone love on one day out of the year. That's stupid.

Bria and I went on lunch together. We sat on the actual beach. "Did you get any lollipops?".

"Nope and I can care less" I said.

"Well I got ten already. You want one?" She asked.

"Nope I'm good. Just counting down the hours for me to go home" I said. Not for nothing I didn't expect to get a lollipop anyway. So I wasn't hurt that I didn't get one. And why does Delano even allow this anyway? That's the real question.

When we were done we got our mess and got up. I started brushing off the sand off of me. "Oh hey Delano" Bria smiled. I turned to him and he smiled "girls... I hope your enjoying sweethearts day".

"I definitely am. I already got ten lollipops!" Bria said.

"And you Gia?" He asked.

"This whole day is stupid and pointless" I said.

"She's just mad cause she didn't get any" Bria said.

"I'm not mad. I can care less about this day" I said.

Delano reaches in his pocket and took out a lollipop with my name on it. "Here".

"Wow! A pity lollipop? You can keep it" I said.

"No it's an actual lollipop! I wanted to the one to give it to you" he said.

"Wait? You are giving her a lollipop because you want to?" Bria asked.

"Yeah! I like Gia. So why not?" He smiled.

"I think I'm about to be sick" I said.

"Just take the damn lollipop so the man can go back to work!" Bria said. I took the lollipop and doubled over as if I was about to be sick. Delano winked at me and walked back to his office. "He's too creepy for me".

"You should be lucky someone took interest in you. And it happens to be a very stable money making guy" Bria said.

"Money doesn't impress me" I said.

"It does for me. That's all I know" she said.

Shaking my head we walked back in to check in from being on break. I was walking back to my stand when I bumped into Delano. "Aren't you the boss? So you should be in your office".

He didn't say anything.

"Hello earth to Delano!" I waved my hand in his face.

"Did you like the lollipop?" He asked.

"Umm... look you didn't have to do that. I was fine with not getting any" I said.

"I meant what I said" he said.

"No you didn't. Trust me you don't want to like me. You're just confused" I said.

"No I know what I like. And it's you gia" he said. Feeling hot from all this I just walked away. Pushing what he says behind me. As the day went on it was time to go home. Walking to see if I can catch a cab home. Looking for my phone I see that lollipop instead.

Bria bumped me "your in my way".

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"Nothing I got five more lollipops. I'm good" she said.

"Well good for you! You want one more added to your collection?" Holding up the lollipop Delano gave me. She huffed "I don't need your pity lollipop. He just felt bad for you".

"Bria I don't care!" I said.

She sucked her teeth "you know what I was starting to feel a little insecure when Delano gave you that lollipop. But for what? I still got more than you. And he gave you that out of pity anyway".

"I'm confused. Is this about Delano?" I asked.

"Forget it gia!" She ran to her car. I was more confused now. Was she upset over Delano? This is why I'm going to stay single and a virgin forever.