Part One - Chapter Thirty-Two: Finding a New Home

"I can't believe I'm getting so fat," Cassidy said resting her hand on her twenty-six week bump, she had fourteen weeks left of her pregnancy and she couldn't believe that it was going by so quickly.

Fernando smiled at her as he drove towards the house that they were going to view while Nora and Leo were with Juan for the afternoon.

The couple had yet to find a house that they both liked, the apartment wouldn't be big enough for them and a house would have to do.

"You're not getting fat... it's our baby getting bigger," Fernando said making Cassidy roll her eyes, they were heading to Battersea Park so that they could look at the next house; Cassidy sighed as she rested a hand on her bump wondering what was going to happen next.

Cassidy was wearing a cream maternity top with lace raglan sleeve and maternity skinny jeans with stretch waistband paired with white lace up trainers.

"How was training?" Cassidy asked knowing that tensions were running high right now, in a week it would be a year since Fernando had joined Chelsea and it made her curious about how he was feeling.

"It's been good... André's a little stressed though," Fernando replied glancing around the neighbourhood that they had just arrived in; he this could be the area where his children grew up.

Cassidy sighed rubbing her stomach making Fernando look at her concerned before she flashed him a reassuring smile; she knew how much he had been worrying about her lately.

"The baby is kicking," Cassidy said smiling at him, she knew that he was concerned about her especially since she was a little larger than what she should be at the stage in her pregnancy; the doctor had reassured them that everything was perfectly fine with their very big baby.

***

"It's nice to see you both again," the estate agent said stepping out of the house and hurried towards the couple, Fernando wrapped his arm around Cassidy and forced a smile as he helped her from the Audi Q7.

Cassidy held back a laugh glancing at Fernando, he didn't like the agent who had been assigned to them especially since he had flirted with her when they had first met him.

"So this is the house in Battersea Park," the agent said making Cassidy nod her head as she elbowed Fernando in the ribs so that he didn't make a sarcastic comment; she smiled as looking at the agent before he led them into the house.

"We have a large living room, dining room, kitchen with utility room, downstairs toilet and a family room," the agent said proceeding to show them around the downstairs of the house; Cassidy looked around the home with interest while Fernando stuck close to her side.

The agent quickly looked away as Fernando who glared at him spotting him watching Cassidy; she ignored the exchange knowing better than to start a fight now.

"Upstairs we have five bedrooms and two en-suites and one bathroom," the agent said leading the couple upstairs, Fernando laced his fingers with Cassidy's as they headed up; he could see them having a life in this home with their children.

Fernando nudged her towards one of the bedrooms before he offered her a smile, he knew that this was the place for them and it was close to where they both worked.

"So how much are we looking at for this place?" Fernando asked as he made sure that Cassidy was out of hearing range, he looked at the agent who seemed surprised that the couple were considering this house compared to the others that he had shown them.

"£6,500,000," the agent said making Fernando nod his head thinking carefully about this, he knew that this would be the home where they would live together; he just had to be sure that this was what they wanted.

"I like it," Cassidy said reappearing she hadn't heard the price of the house but she knew that it would be worth a lot of money; she smiled at Fernando who nodded his head as he wrapped his arms around her with a little difficulty.

"Okay then... this is the house that we want," Fernando said as he kissed Cassidy softly, he wasn't about to tell her how much that it was going to cost; he didn't care as long as they were both happy.

Cassidy glanced at her boyfriend curiously before he kissed her lips, she knew that it was going to take some time for them to move all of their things from the small two bedroom apartment into their new five bedroom house. 

***

"So you finally decided on a home?" Juan asked handing Fernando a bottle of water while Cassidy nodded her head, she still didn't know most of the details of them buying their new home but they were going to be selling the apartment that they were currently living in.

"We have," Fernando said with a smile on his face, he couldn't believe that it had taken them so long to find a home; he glanced at Cassidy knowing that this wasn't going to be easy on either of them.

"Congrats... when do you get to move in?" Juan asked making Cassidy grin as she looked at her boyfriend, they wouldn't get the keys for another week once the paperwork was sorted but Fernando was determined to decorate the house before the family moved.

"I'm going to be doing some decorating so we hope to officially move in the 1st of March," Fernando said knowing that it gave him four weeks to decorate the house completely but he hoped with a little help he would get it all done.

Juan snorted amused as he looked at his friend, he knew that there was no way that Fernando could decorate a five bedroom house by himself; he had a feeling that the baby would be born before Fernando finished.

"Why don't you just get some professionals to do it?" Juan asked making Cassidy smile, she had suggested it herself when she had learnt her boyfriend's plans for their new home; she didn't think that Fernando would have time to do any work on their new home. 

"I want to decorate myself," Fernando said making Juan and Cassidy grin at one another, he knew that he could do this and there was nothing that they could say that could change his mind.

"I know you can Nando... it's just I'd like to move in before our baby arrives," Cassidy said resting a hand on her bump, the baby kicked as if in agreement making Fernando sighed as he nodded his head at what she was saying; their baby was due the 1st of May and he was aware that they needed to start preparing for the birth.

"Fine... we can have a professional do it," Fernando muttered as he crossed his arms annoyed, Juan chuckled as he walked away leaving Cassidy with a sulking Fernando.

"You can paint the nursery," Cassidy said kissing his cheek, she knew that it was the one thing that he had been looking forward to since he had found out that she was having his baby.

Juan frowned a little as he watched the happy couple, a bubble of jealously brewing inside of him; he wanted what Fernando had.