Drive Safely (P. II) ✰ LJ [26]

Type: Love

When the paramedics arrived, due to the bruises and cuts you and the victim received from the accident, they suggested the two of you be treated at the hospital. Both cars were towed and you were urged to the Emergency Room immediately, along with the victim, who you began to get to know on the ten-minute ride.

His name was Rick, he had a wife and two daughters. He was coming home from a long day at work and he was a Pharmacist. He had been filing reports all day and he had been dealing with grouchy customers who weren't able to receive their medication because their doctors weren't prompt in prescribing them. He didn't blame them for being agitated, but it was exhausting having to deal with them screaming in his face as if he could do anything about it. Finished with his story, you introduce your own and told him how the whole situation started.

He felt sympathy toward you, there was an evident frown on his face. The whole ride to the ER, he continued to reassure that you would be okay financially since you were stressing to him about that. Plus, he said that the two of you would find those paparazzi cars somehow in someway. You knew that was a long shot.

Earlier, before you entered the ambulance, you called Lauren for the switch in this situation. She swore she would meet you at the hospital and she would call her band mates as well since you were pretty close to them like best friends. You tried convincing her not to because since it was late, you feared you were bothering them from their sleep. Then, Lauren kept repeating how they'd rather be here to make sure you're safe before anything, just like her.

On the way to the hospital, the paramedic said that the bruise on Rick's forehead should be treated as fast as possible because it could lead to a concussion. He was rushed to a room.

You, on the other hand, had a totally different consequence to suffer with. You had a concussion forming that right now, was very minor, but if you didn't treat it anytime soon, the concussion swelling could expand. The doctor recommended you get stitches on the bloody massacre bruise you created above your head. Probably happened when you hit the steering wheel.

Getting those stitches was a lot more painful than you thought and with every new stitch, you winced. Nine stupid stitches. When Lauren and the girls were coming, you had no idea.

You were laying in bed, sipping on a juice box. The doctor instructed you have one to keep your blood sugar up. The doctor also gave you a pill to relieve your head from hurting. He did warn it would cause drowsiness. Your eyes were shut when you heard feet stomping, then, the door flew open. It was the four girls and your eyes landed right on Lauren.

She looked at you in horror, "Holy shit, Y/N! I thought you said you were alright?!"

"Girly got stitches," Dinah says before they all arrive at the foot of your bed. "sorry it took so long, muffin. Traffic was crappy."

They each wore apologetic smiles while Lauren wore a face of distress. "Lauren, I'm fine! I just have a little concussion that the doctor's going to bring down and as you can see, I got stitches."

Normani frowns, "Your head hit the wheel, huh?"

"Bingo." You said.

"You seem so calm." Ally claims.

"Well, I had to call my parents to tell them everything and I had to be calm so they didn't think I was dying." You replied.

"Those fucking paparazzi," Lauren ran her fingers through her hair, "do they seriously need to cause a situation like this for a picture? It's already out we're a thing, what more do they want?"

Dinah laces her hand around Lauren's wrist, "Lo, we can discuss this later. Let's focus on Y/N getting better first. She got stitches and has to deal with a concussion."