PUNK ASS (P. II) ✰ LJ [22]

Form: Heartbreak - Side note: Badass Lauren!

By the time Lauren caught up with you, you were already in the hall your class was located. Clearly, Lauren took too much time contemplating if you wanted her to run after you or not, but she had enough of debating in her head and here you two were. She and you stood in the middle of the hallway after she laced her fingers around your wrist.

Don't break down. Don't break down. Don't break down. That continued to repeat in your head multiple times until you worked up the courage to face Lauren. Your girlfriend's alarming demeanor didn't help when she feared you were going to slip from her grip. Her eyes were glued to your figure, her feet would remain where she was like cement, and her grip on your wrist couldn't get any stronger without a chance of hurting you.

"Lauren, please let me just go to class. I'll call you after school, I'll even meet you at your car." You pleaded.  Don't break down. Don't break down. Don't break down. 

"No, I can't wait all day to try and make you feel better! I'm sorry what I started with Angel! It's just Angel was bothering you so much and this morning, she was getting on my nerves after the way she was looking at us from her locker. Please, just let me comfort you. At least, until my parents get here. He's calling them right now because I'm getting suspended." Lauren cleared her throat before continuing, "Listen, each night we shared that ended you crying because of her, it took all of me to not show up at her front door and kick her ass there. But the first night you cried in front of me because of her, I made a promise to myself that I would never put you in that state as she did. Three days later and look what I did! You're crying because my temper got the best of me."

Fuck, you must have broken down without even realizing it. All the tears streaming down your cheeks started to feel familiar once again and your nose began to feel clogged up. You would never blame it on Lauren, though, technically, she's the reason you had such a conversation with Angel. But the words needed to be said by Angel so you could stop driving yourself crazy. You could either be mad at Lauren or thank her. After a moment of silence, Lauren declared in her mind she most likely wasn't going to receive any word from you.

"Y/N, tell me absolutely any way I could comfort you." She said.

You replied, "You can comfort me by letting me get back to class." 

Lauren's heart broke a little bit. You were turning away from her and she really couldn't understand how Angel could handle pushing you away like that, it hurt Lauren all too much that you were pushing her away. One finger at a time, Lauren released her grip from your wrist.

"I'll speak to you soon, Jauregui." You said, releasing a weak smile.

Wiping a tear away from her cheek, Lauren lets out a shaky snicker at your use of her last name, "Bye, Y/L/N." 

And with that, you returned to class and Lauren returned to the Dean's office. She was greeted by not only Dean Heathers, but her parents would be arriving at the same time she would. Her parents spoke to the Dean about her consequences for about 20 minutes, then, Lauren would leave campus accompanied by her parents. They were angry, but this wasn't anything new coming from the Cuban. She hasn't fought anyone since she asked you to be her girlfriend, she knew you didn't approve of violence so she stopped her immature ways to not lose you. As her parents were scolding her on the car ride home, all she could think about was you. 

She waited in her bedroom where she was forbidden from being anywhere else outside of the house, waiting for the school's final bell to ring. She prayed you would shoot her a text or a call. Her phone rested on her nightstand, charging. When she explained everything to her parents, they didn't ground her from her phone because they believed her intentions were good except they were issued poorly. They understood she would be waiting for a phone call or a text message.