New Daddy Issues ✰ CC ⚠️ [16]

If you are triggered by fatherly issues, please do not read forward. - Side note: This is almost like a Fifth Harmony/Camila/You but you're still dating Camila.

The five girls approached the door after walking up the porch. Each of them held a cup from Starbucks — well, Camila held two because one was for you. It was your favorite, of course. Them being your five best friends and Camila being your girlfriend, they knew something was wrong since the beginning of the week. The five suggested you and them would go out for dinner together but you nicely declined. After about four days of denying each and every request from all of them, including your girlfriend, they knew this wasn't you.

Every week, you're usually up for anything and they know that. You're always the one who comes up with the perfect dates when it's just you and Camila. And having different classes with them, they all noticed how distant and guarded you were with them. Although the five were eager to find out what happened, especially the tiny Cuban, they were more focused on cheering you up.

Dinah knocked on the door, doing her usual rhythmic knock that always is a signal she and the girls were here. No answer. Of course, the girls didn't give you any text or warning they were coming over but they were sure you were at home since every day since Monday, you've always rushed to. Camila shifted her head at the driveway, seeing no car except Ally's, which was the car they all had carpooled in. So, your parents were for sure not here. Especially, your father.

"Maybe she's up in her bedroom?" Normani asked before pushing the doorbell. A couple moments pass and they received no answer.

Lauren released a heavy sigh, "Maybe we should just let her be, let her come to us."

"We've let her be since Monday and now it's Friday. We always have our date nights on Friday's and the fact she didn't even mention it at school today, it's scaring me." Camila said, biting her lip in frustration.

"Don't worry, Walz." Dinah rested a hand on Camila's shoulder to comfort her, "She'll come to us."

Camila was about to give up when an idea came to mind, her face lit up. She turned toward the girls that eyed her with curiosity, "Wait, I think I have another plan. Follow me."

Camila stepped off the steps of the porch, the girls following shortly behind her. The five were crossing the lawn when Ally asked, "Does anybody else smell smoke?" 

All but Camila nodded, she was in her thoughts. "It's freaking me out," Dinah said.

"Don't worry about it, it's probably just one of Y/N's neighbors barbecuing," Normani assured.

The four girls rose to an Aha! moment when Camila led them to the backyard's gate. All they could see in the distance was the empty space with grass but the smokey air thickened. It was definitely coming from your backyard.

"How do you suppose we get in?" Lauren questioned before sipping her coffee.

Camila smirked, unlatching the gate quite simply. "There's no lock on it." She said, widening it for the other four to enter.

"Alright, genius." Lauren joked but all their giggles and smiles went away when their eyes landed on the sight.

In the backyard, there you were standing in front of a large barrel that had smoke and fire peaking out. You held a white trash bag that to the girls seemed to be filled with lots of items but you were slowly emptying everything out and throwing it into the fire. You wore heavy, grey gloves to avoid getting burnt if you inched close enough. You weren't aware of the presence of each girl so you continued dumping whatever was in that trash bag.