Stormy Days ✰ CC [11]

Type: Fluff

You were cuddled up in every blanket possible that you could find in your house. Several pillows were scattered on your bed, your head rested on one of the few. You'd constantly hug the pillow closest to you when thunder roared outside. The power went out about an hour ago due to the storm. And of course, the one time your parents get out of town, a huge storm has to occur.

Ever since you were a child, you've always had a childish fear of storms. It was always something you were ashamed of because obviously, the first time you told someone your fear, they laughed at you. You learned your lesson on not telling anyone until one day — your girlfriend, Camila and you were discussing childish things you both say or do. Camila brought up the topic of having a childish fear of the darkness so that's when you felt comfortable enough to tell her about your fear.

She never made fun of you nor did you make fun of her. You hadn't told anyone about your fear since you were in fifth grade so the fact you told your girlfriend proved you were super comfortable around her, and you made sure she was aware of that.

The moment Camila came to mind, you started wondering what she could be doing right now. Considering the lights were off, you knew hers were off too because her house was just down a few streets. Your whole neighborhood was powerless. Knowing your girlfriend, she was most likely cuddling up to all her stuffed animals with fear. Almost exactly what you were doing right now except with blankets and pillows.

All you really wanted to do right now was cuddle with her, these blankets just don't compare to your girlfriend's embrace. Although you couldn't cuddle with her right now, just the thought of it brought comfort to you.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when you heard a loud knock. Out of fear, you shot up from your bed. You weren't really expecting any guests at almost nine o'clock at night. You were hesitant walking down the hallway but you knew who was at the door when you heard a rhythmic knock. You raised an eyebrow, rushing to the door. You swung open the door, meeting eyes with the soaked but adorable Cuban.

She turned her head once she heard the front door open.

"Hey, darling." Camila grinned, the red umbrella was held over her head.

You widened the door for her to enter. "What are you doing here? Oh my God, you're soaked."

She stepped through the door, you closed it behind her. "You didn't get my text?"

You said, "My phone died a little bit after the power went out."

"Oh, well, in the message, I just said I was coming over since I know your fear with storms..." She paused, mumbling, "I was also scared of the power going out."

"As much as I'm happy for you to be here, it's pouring out there." You said, laying a kiss on her forehead. "I have a few towels in the bathroom. Let's get you dried up."