Heaven in Hiding / Angel On Fire (P. I) ✰ CC [18]

Type: Heartbreak - Song: 'Heaven in Hiding' and 'Angel On Fire' by Halsey

*DISCLAIMER: I am extremely aware this fandom is not a fan of Matthew Hussey, but please, do not read forward if this imagine will make you dislike him further than you already do. It's a fictional story for entertainment purposes, not reality, of course!

Penthouse parties were the worst. At least, that was your opinion. They were just like house parties but smaller. And with the large capacity fitting into a small area, you couldn't begin to say how it affected you and your brain — with the loud music, drunk people squeezing together with your presence, the fact you felt like you could never have a breath of fresh air. Your friends could never understand why penthouse parties weren't particularly your favorite when they had the time of their lives at them, however, this one that the three of you were approaching, they understood. 

Your two best friends were aware of an ongoing romance that was kept hidden behind closed doors. Although you wouldn't really describe it as much of a romance, it was nothing serious but that's just because you're forced to keep it that way. You have to ignore the intensity you feel around her, you have to keep a safe distance around the small brunette or someone might suspect something, you can't look at her in the way she and you would prefer. Not in a provocative way or suggestive — you just have a desire to stare at her all night and admire the beauty in front of you. 

The only time you're offered the chance to, it's at a time where you two are stuck in a private setting. As in, times where she might fly you out to the country she's visiting because she misses you and wants to spend the day with you. However, you can't run around town and act like something or whatever is there to reveal to the world. You're always in a hotel room together, in her private beach house in Miami that has the closest house about a mile away from it, or even on a private plane she often uses that her label owns. Wherever a sense of privacy is built, Camila Cabello seizes the opportunity.

And you weren't positive that this opportunity was about to be given considering you heard she was attending this penthouse party with her rumored boyfriend, Matthew Hussey. You can confirm that it was true — they had a make-believe romance that the public was too blinded by to look passed. Despite you have been one of Camila's closest friends for a while now, you still had yet to learn where she met the Brit. 

You weren't fond of him, not much to Camila's surprise. She knew you wouldn't find his arrogant quirks nor the public display of affection that was a little too personal beyond Camila's own liking anything of your preference. And if she agreed to spit a little white lie she was dating Matthew, what in God's name attracted her to him? However, you swore to yourself you wouldn't ever ask that to the gorgeous Cuban.

The penthouse party was up on the 30th level of a building in New York City. It was a house-warming party hosted by an acquaintance of yours, the host being closer to your other two best friends — but instead of being the only penthouse party that was needed, this seemed like it was the sixth damn time you were congratulating him that he's financially supported enough to pay the expensive bills due to the New Yorker's large expenses. You were finding these parties more and more irritable.

You exited the elevator, dragging your feet down the hallway with beige walls and dark grey carpeting. Your friends, at this time, understood why you didn't want to walk through the fourth door to your right. They felt horrible to be bringing you here when they were now under the impression Camila and Matthew could pop up at any moment. Hours ago, your two best friends planned this to be yet another drunken night as irresponsible 21-year-olds that can blow through their cash with the amount of money they make. They didn't think the girl you were in love with would be showing up since she and you never had the desire for parties.