Then, There's You (P. II) ✰ CC [23]

Form: Love

That day, in a strange way, ended with an immense amount of love. Of course, not from your former girlfriend. No, no, no, you're not stupid. She did try expressing an apology by showing up at your doorstep, relentlessly ringing the doorbell and hoping you'd appreciate her gift of your favorite flowers and candy. When you never answered her, she set the gifts sitting on your porch and left in defeat.

Camila and the girls were the ones to retrieve them to you. When Olivia was standing at your door, you had glanced through the peephole and ignored her. And hours later, when the girls arrived, you allowed them to enter your house. Camila handed you the gifts Olivia attempted to give you herself, but you just set them off to the side and paid them no attention.

There were no words to justify how heartbroken you were. You truly thought you had something going with the girl and then, it bit you right in the ass. It took several weeks for Olivia to lay off your back and every single time, you had your friends scaring her off. Even after she left you alone, for a while, she didn't leave you alone. For about a month, every happy memory you shared with her hit your mind at least, once a day. Some more than others.

It took a long time to come to the conclusion you could finally get over the girl. The girl you didn't need. Anyone who wasn't willing to be faithful wasn't needed in your life and it took one situation like this to realize that. Now, Olivia can enter your classroom and you don't have to do a double take at her presence. You two can lock eyes in the halls and you're not about to strike a tear. Your friends can mention her and your face doesn't immediately express disappointment.

You learned how to get over someone and navigate how to continue life without them. You knew you could do it considering before Olivia, you managed to get through life the last 16 years independently. Why should you let a girl discontinue that?

It was four months later after your breakup. Your eyes began to open and they landed on the girl tip-toeing into your bedroom. "Hey, Cami." You smile and it grows wider when you lock eyes with the brunette.

She frowns, "Dammit, I was trying to go to the bathroom without waking you." she whispers. Glancing at your clock, it was far too early to be speaking at a normal volume. 

You shake your head, "Come here." you sit up and throw your pillow beside you. You lean against the headboard. You watch Camila make her way over to you. She climbs on your lap, then, cups your cheeks.

"Hey, pretty girl." She shoots you a wink and you can't help but laugh.

"Hi, baby." Confused, huh? You and your best friend, Camila? Neither of you expected it either. You recall the night feelings were confessed. Actually, feelings weren't confessed until after Camila pulled the move to kiss you.

Camila invited you to an annual family camp trip, which you've been to before. Multiple times. Around 2 AM, night two of the camping trip, your phone had died and Camila's as well. So, she dragged you to the lake nearby. She and you sat on the mildly cold sand, beginning to discuss whatever the night led you to discuss. Camila started telling this story about the sun and the moon.

"The sun and the moon died for each other, so they could see the other shine at different times. My abuelita likes to say they were too selfish and self-absorbed to love each other, but I've always seen it in a different way. I think of it like Romeo and Juliet, people had forbid them to be together until one of them dies for the other. I don't think the sun or the moon was selfish, I think they just wanted to be seen by the other."

You were taken aback by this interesting story, but you were eager to hear more. "So, Juliet killed herself because she wanted Romeo to notice her more?"