Moving Along ✰ LJ [24]

Form: Love - Side note: This is my first imagine in a long time where I reference the imagine with a song, so I hope you enjoy! :)

Song: Moving Along by 5 Seconds of Summer 

It was 8:30 AM in Paris, France. Lauren was sipping her third cup of coffee despite she's only been awake for an hour. She sat on the balcony of her hotel room, enjoying Paris' foggy morning view while eating breakfast. A light breeze applied to the morning weather, allowing the skin beneath her white robe to be covered in goosebumps, but she didn't mind. Her eyes focused on the sight before her. Sometimes, down at the streets with honking cars and pedestrians crossing boardwalks. Other times, she'd gaze at the many buildings, restaurants, bakeries, shops, and even the Eiffel tower in the far distance.

She was attending Fashion Week. Today was the first day, which meant everyone was going crazy with outfits, events, and schedules. Gosh, even what they were going to eat, people were stressing. Lauren, on the other hand, was completely fine. Her outfit for today was laid out on her bed, her hair and makeup team would arrive soon, and she's already finished her morning routine. She was on track for the day, even though the minutes seem to be going by slow for her.

Day 13, she once again, has woken up alone. She's counted the days because each day, she's grown more and more miserable after making a horrible mistake. Over a week ago, she broke up with you, her girlfriend. The relationship hadn't been all that serious, very casual. Lauren felt herself growing attached to you and that scared her beyond words, that's why she decided to do what she did. 

She drove all the way over to your house and broke up with you. So sudden and so quick, you couldn't believe it. You were at a loss for words when she left your doorstep.

That night, you accepted her request considering you weren't going to receive any other. You thought things were going well for the two of you, you didn't understand what went wrong. Lauren most certainly didn't tell you why she felt how she felt, she simply said, "I don't know, Y/N. I just don't think I'm in the mindset to have this right now."

You didn't know what she meant by that. It could have meant a lot of things and you didn't understand why she referred to this casual relationship as just this. You were baffled and also heartbroken. You were also feeling something for the girl. You were thinking maybe soon, the two of you could make things official and not have such an open relationship. You as a duo could be inseparable. After that night, you assumed you overanalyzed everything. 

So, you've hidden it from the back of your mind since. When your friends try to mention her, you give a short, "We're doing fine." and they sensed you're saying the opposite of how you feel. It was the truth. You were. Since the breakup, you've chosen to give 100% of your focus devoted to work. You try to let your feelings for Lauren escape your mind, but you guessed you were more attached to her than you thought.

It wasn't a coincidence that you and Lauren were both in Paris, attending Fashion Week. A month ago, she and you made plans to attend together. Now, that's down the drain. Lauren will be spending it with a few friends while you're walking down catwalks as a model, which is your job. There's no doubt that you'll run right into each other, but what are you going to do? Attending Fashion Week was part of your job, you couldn't allow a girl to interfere with it.

Lauren doesn't know how she'll react when she'll see you walk down catwalks. How many times will she fall apart? How many times will her heart skip a beat as she catches a glimpse of you? How many drinks will she have that'll encourage her to speak to you? Escaping the how's, she wonders if you've moved on. Do you wake up alone like her? Do you eat breakfast alone like her? Do you feel as empty as her when you fill only a cup of coffee, not two? Does your bed feel empty? Do you, for some reason, have a problem having a one night stand because sometimes, you lie in bed and hope she'll send you a text? There are a billion other questions in Lauren's mind right now.