Drive Safely (P. I) ✰ LJ [25]

Type: Sad/Love - Side note: Do not read the comment section, spoilers ahead!

You leaned on the door of your car, standing in the driveway with your girlfriend of your girlfriend's house. Your hands rested at her hips, your eyes were gazing at each other, her body was awfully close to yours. Considering the late hour of 11 PM, the sky was pitch black with little stars in sight. The moonlight was doing its job on revealing its bright beauty.

"Thank you for tonight," You began, "sad to say it has to come to an end."

"I don't understand why college has to make everything butt early. I wish you could stay here all night." Lauren playfully pouted until you kissed it away.

"I do, too. But hey, think of it this way, tomorrow is one of the final days of recording your album! Sing your little heart out for me, okay?" You asked, receiving a cute giggle and nod from your girlfriend.

"Only for you, my love." She joked, "Have fun at your classes tomorrow! Don't go too wild with the frat boys."

"Never will I ever communicate with any of them." You snickered.

"Also make sure none of them flirt with you, alright?" Lauren loved being protective over you. She wrapped her hands around your neck, interlocking her fingers together.

"Ew, gross. Never." You stuck your tongue out, expressing a look of disgust. Lauren chuckled.

She said, "Alright, you better get home before you're tired in your classes. I don't want you sleeping in any of them."

"Okay, mother." You teased.

"Whatever," Lauren shrugged her shoulders, "I'm just caring for you. Is that too much for you to handle, baby girl?" she let out a laugh.

"Nope, I appreciate it." You said. You wrapped your hands around her waist, pulling her in for a hug. She felt kisses being planted on her neck the second she recognized the heat of your lips. She broke out into a smile, squeezing you tighter. She detached herself from you after a few seconds, though, she didn't want to. You stood up from the car, leaning your body against Lauren's. She opened the door, watching you climb inside the vehicle.

"Goodnight, drive safely," Lauren said.

"Night, Lauren. Sleep well, love you." You said, buckling your seatbelt on.

"You too, love you. Call me if you need anything." She said.

"Of course. See you soon." You smiled.

"See you soon." She repeated, then, she shuts your door. She waved goodbye as you inserted the keys into the ignition. The engine roared on, signaling it was ready for a trip. You put the stick shift in drive, backing out of the driveway. You waved one last goodbye to your girlfriend before entering the streets of her neighborhood. You kept your eyes on the road in front of you, your headlights explored anything 20 feet in front of you.

You drove down the street, passing by the large houses with multiple stories to them. The neighborhood was gated to keep out anybody that were to trespass. The security guard at the gate knew you well since it seemed like you were always at Lauren's house. Waving to the security guard, he opened up the gates for you to exit.

Entering the empty roads, you speeded down the road with only a few cars to pass. You slowed down at the red light ahead of you, your foot rested on the brake of the car. You adjusted the air-conditioning, making it a lot cooler in the car as it is about to be summer. You turned on the radio, browsing all that was playing at the late hour. Satisfied with the station choosing 'Rockstar' by Post Malone, you waited for the light to turn green.