Scary Love ✰ CC [10]

Type: Love - Song: 'Scary Love' by The Neighbourhood

Side note: You're a singer who dropped your first single on your second debut album, which the album was titled 'A Dozen Roses'. As your first single of the new project, you decided to release 'Scary Love'. The song meant a lot to you and was really close to your heart. Not to mention, the song was dedicated to your girlfriend, Camila. :)

New York City, New York

You were sat in a New York radio studio, five other people were located in the room other than you. A wide table filled with equipment cluttered most of the studio. Cameras were scattered to capture every movement of yours so the interview could be projected visually and audibly. Elvis Duran, a famous interviewer, directed you to the microphone and headphones. You muffled the headphones over your ears, blocking out any unnecessary voices from the room.

You sipped your Starbucks coffee, waiting for the interview to begin. "We're on the air in 3... 2... 1..." A producer said.

"Live in New York City, we have the beautiful and talented, Y/N Y/L/N!" Elvis began, earning cheers from the producers and crew members.

A wide smile grew on your face after you sat your coffee down, away from your lips. "Thank you so much. New York is amazing and I'm happy to be back on this... very rainy day." You said, Elvis chuckled.

"Yes, you came on a perfect day." He said, sarcastically. "Who knows? Maybe you'll write a hit song in New York while it's pouring out."

You smiled, "I love New York when it's raining, so I'm not complaining. I feel like the rain calms me and in a cliche way, it does give me the inspiration to write a song."

"Speaking of hit songs, we should start discussing your new single, 'Scary Love'," Elvis said.

"Oh, yes. Let's discuss." You joked.

"The music video just released last night and it already has over two million views. You're climbing up on the charts as well!" He said, "You're at #2 on the US iTunes charts. Just a few more thousand streams and you'll beat 'Havana' out of the water."

Elvis bringing up your not so public girlfriend in the conversation made a bunch of memories flash through your head. The two of you have been dating for about five months and known each other for three years. You're both planning on spilling the relationship after Camila comes out to the public. You gave her no deadline because you simply want her to feel comfortable when she's ready. So, that's what you're doing.

"Oh, please. I hope I don't reach #1 if that means I'm bumping Camila down. That girl deserves the world." You said.

"She has one of the kindest souls. A couple weeks back, she visited us and she's definitely one of the nicest human beings I've met." Elvis said.

"Since she and I have met because I was opening up with Fifth Harmony on the Neon Lights tour, I've always loved how her brain works. We've been best friends for over three years and all we do is laugh, really." You said. "We have the best time together."

"Every time you two post a photo together, it always seems like you two have the best time. I'm jealous." He joked, "Anyways, back to your single."

"Oh, right." You snickered.

"The lyrics seem a bit personal and they really paint a picture in your head." He continued.

"That was my goal." You said.

"Curious question, could we possibly paint a picture of who the person could be? Was this song dedicated to someone?" Elvis questioned.

You were used to questions like these, they didn't even phase you anymore. "Well, I will confirm the song is about someone but I won't say exactly who yet." You replied.

"Does that person know that song's about them?" He asked.

"They do. It was so awkward telling them because it isn't easy saying to someone, 'hey, I made a song about you. You may really like it or you may really hate it'. When I had played it for them, I could just see the smile grow wider on their face so that's how I knew they approved." You said.

"Could we unmask the person soon?" Elvis said.

"Maybe." You shrugged your shoulders.

"Well, we can't wait," Elvis replied.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The Next Day... Camila's in Los Angeles promoting 'Havana'

A crowd of 76 people all huddled around the entrance to Camila's hotel. No one could really exit or enter the hotel unless they wanted trouble to occur. Finally, after a few hours of all the fans waiting, Camila and a few of her security guards led her out toward the front. Being the sweet person she is, she quickly took photos and autographs. Different things were being shouted at her but what caught her attention was when a fan uttered out your name.

"Hey, Camila! Y/N talked about you yesterday in an interview." Camila finished the autograph she was signing and faced the fan.

"What'd she say?" Camila was really curious. She had Facetimed you this morning and the two of you never discussed you talked about her in your interview but then again, she was in a hurry to get ready for the day.

The fan continued, "Elvis brought you up in the conversation when they were talking about your #1 single going up against 'Scary Love'. Y/N said she hopes it doesn't reach #1 if that meant she was beating you. She also said you deserved the world."

Camila looked at the fan in awe, "Oh my God, I love her! She's too precious."

Boy, if they only knew about our relationship, Camila thought to herself, and imagine how crazy everyone would get if they found out Y/N wrote the song about me

"Well, I'm going to have to disagree with Y/N and say I hope 'Scary Love' beats 'Havana'. She deserves every inch of success!" Camila said, which earns a lot of awes from fans.