Sleepy Travels ✰ LJ [19]

Type: Fluff

Lauren was as thrilled as a kid on Christmas. However, in this situation, it had nothing to do with the holiday nor was it even close to the date. She was excited that the next two weeks would be spent on a romantic getaway trip with your presence. It took exactly four months and 11 days for the two of you to decide where you both could hide from the world for a little while, along with the reduced stress and exhaustion. 

No place seemed quite as perfect compared to the getaway that you or Lauren had planned in your minds, but with the helpful suggestion from a friend, you two chose Singapore as the destination to your future adventures. That night, she and you were clearing up your schedules to fit the important period of time spent at the beautiful location, flights were situated and paid for, hotels were considered but the perfect one was chosen for an amazing deal, and the best part — although it was a large city, the two of you made sure to find any source of privacy. And there were many options!

The options being that there were several tourist sights you both could explore without the fear of people ruining your day. You avoided the super popular locations in the city and headed toward the ones that were more sacred, private, and that you and Lauren would be interested in. Without hesitating, your girlfriend bought at least, six large packages of Polaroid film sheets. She was prepared for capturing many gorgeous sights of the city, plus, the memories you two will create.

Once the clock on Lauren's nightstand read 3:30 AM, she could no longer count down the last half hour before she would wake you up to head on over to the airport. With her racing thoughts, she didn't receive any sleep. You, on the other end, were sleeping in the bed beside her, peaceful as can be. It's not that you weren't excited because you were, the two of you have been talking about this trip for months and haven't stopped discussing it since, however, you appreciated your sleep and you didn't want to abuse your sleeping schedule when Lord knows for the last months during summer — you've screwed it up many times.

The time felt like it was beginning to roll slower as the tortuous seconds for Lauren went on. She was convinced that if she spoke one word, it would be heard in slow motion. Aside from that, the sky was still pitch dark, no sun was evident in any direction, and the only source of light was the bright city of Los Angeles igniting the night. Lauren was tempted to wake you up earlier than promised, but she did feel guilty that she would be interrupting your slumber when it wasn't necessary, so she decided against it.

For the next 30 minutes, she just stared up at the ceiling — her imagination running wild, thinking about how blissful these next two weeks will be. Occasionally, she would check her phone for notifications, but if she didn't receive any, she escalated right back to her thoughts. Her eyes landed on the clock, flickering from 3:59 to 4:00 AM, she let out the largest sigh. That was the longest half an hour of her life. 

It was still black as can be from the outside, which was also transparent to the inside. The air was cold, much to your disliking with your frozen feet tucked under the covers. Your face was dug deep into your pillow, facing in the direction of your girlfriend. As you remained dreaming, Lauren cautiously tugged on the lamp's enabler to elicit the light on. You didn't even move an inch when the lamp had brightened the room. Although the light wasn't all that bright considering it neglected to reach the bedroom door, cascading shadows. 

Your black hood was placed over your head, a few strands of hair poked out from the tightly set fabric framing your face. From Lauren's perspective, you looked comfortable and absolutely adorable. Lauren laid her thumb on your cheek — with how gentle she was stroking, she wasn't surprised when you didn't stir in your sleep much. Admiring your pretty self, a smile was evident on Lauren's face. With such adoration and appreciation, she was thinking about what she couldn't do without you. However, that thought was stored for another time and another was chipping at her, begging to wake you.