Good News ✰ CC [14]

Type: Fluff

Camila planted a sweet kiss on your lips before stepping into your apartment. You shut the door behind her. Earlier today, you called her and said you had a tiny surprise for her. Meanwhile, she said she also had some news to deliver to you. You had a feeling that you knew the news she was about to tell you and that was 'Never Be the Same' went number one in three continents. But actually, Camila was about to drop some other news on you that made her anxious to tell you.

"What's the tiny surprise?" Camila asked, her eyebrow was raised.

"Follow me." You smirked. You placed her hand in yours, leading her to the kitchen counter. Her eyes were amused at the balloons in the shape of a hashtag and a one but nonetheless, she was still confused because no one told her at the interview she was at that 'Never Be the Same' went number one. She was completely oblivious. On the counter was a blue box, fairly small.

"What is all this?" Camila asked, her curiosity only grew.

"Open the box." Your smirk began to form into an eager smile.

Camila's lips stretched out a smile when she saw yours. She diverted her eyes from yours and onto the box. Her fingers met with the lid, lifting it. In the box was a vanilla cake — blue and white frosting, and in the black written letters read ''Never Be the Same' went #1 in three continents!'. Camila's eyes widened after reading those nine words. She looked up at you, tears welled up in her eyes. You felt her pull you into a tight hug — her arms wrapped around your neck, her lips pepper kissing your cheek. You broke out into a fit of giggles, wrapping your arms around her waist.

"I can't believe you did this," Camila said in between kisses, "I love you so much. I didn't even know, nobody at the interview told me."

"Well, I'm glad I could be the first to tell you." You said.

She stopped kissing, glancing into your eyes. "Thank you, this means so much to me." She said.

"Of course. I'm proud of you, I know how hard you've been working for the past few months." You said, "All those times you were in the studio, calling me and saying how stressed you were. I told you all your work would pay off, now look!"

"You were right and no matter how many times I didn't believe it, this cake is like an 'I told you so'." Camila joked.

You giggled, "You said it, not me." you lifted your hands up in defense.

"I love you." Camila sighed, looking at you as if you were just a dream about to slip away from your fingers but you weren't going anywhere.

"I love you too, my love." You said. You closed your eyes, laying a passionate kiss on her lips. When you opened your eyes, hers were still closed like she was absorbing the moment. That smile on her lips was a smile you wished could never go away. Her eyes fluttered open when she felt yours staring at them.

"Don't stare." Camila joked.

"I find that difficult, sorry." You said.

"I find it difficult to not stare at you, too," Camila admitted, you felt her fingers start to massage your neck. The feeling was heavenly. What felt more heavenly was her lips kissing yours.

"What was your news, though?" You asked, "Please tell me it's good."

"Yes, it's good." Camila nervously chuckled. Her heart started to beat a little faster, she didn't know how you'd react to this piece of news.

"Then, tell meeee." You sang, playfully.

"Do you promise to not make fun of me?" Camila asked.

"When do I ever?" You replied.

"True, true." Camila sighed, avoiding eye contact with you. You frowned, lifting her chin up with your finger.

"Whatever it is, I promise to not make fun or judge you. And I doubt what you're about to say is something to judge." You said.

Camila felt comfort travel to her heart after hearing your kind and sincere words. "Ready?" She asked.

You nodded, "Totally."

"I wrote 'Never Be the Same' about you," Camila confessed.

Your eyes widened, "Oh my God, really?"

Camila nodded before digging her head into your neck. She didn't want you to see her burning cheeks. Your bodies were pressing against each other, she moved her arms to your waist. 

"Would you please look at me?" You asked.

Camila hesitantly lifted her head off your shoulder to connect eyes with you. Her smile had vanished, her lips were twitching — it was a habit she did when she's nervous. You felt her fingers start to shake on your waist.

"Cam, I am absolutely honored to be the inspiration of your song. Especially, that one. 'Never Be the Same' has always been kinda our song since you let me listen to it in the studio." You said before chucking, "I actually can't believe that you wrote a song about me, I didn't even expect it." 

"I was so worried to release it let alone let you hear it because it not only gives away so much of our relationship, I was worried you would find out it was about you," Camila said.

"Considering it's been out for a few months and I haven't noticed, it didn't even come to mind that it was about me." You smiled, "But seriously, thank you. I feel so honored — you're beyond talented and the fact that you used me as something to spark your talent, that's crazy to me."

If Camila's cheeks couldn't get any redder, they just did. "That was probably the sweetest compliment anyone's ever given me." She said.

"It's the truth," You shrugged your shoulders, "but I do have a question."

"Go for it," Camila said.

"Is this going to be our little secret or are you going to start telling people?" You asked.

"Well, I did think about that on the way here. I thought maybe after I told you and if you didn't mind, I could start subtly start dropping hints." Camila said, "But I'm not going to be mad if you tell anyone."

"Okay," You said, planting another kiss on her lips. "but like not gonna lie, I feel like I was swifted except you didn't write a breakup song about me." You joked before the two of you broke into a fit of laughter.

"Yes, that's a funny way to put it," Camila said.

After a few minutes of you two talking about the song, you went on to discuss more about it with the pleasure of eating cake. The night was still young when the two of you finished so then, she gave the idea to have some fun upstairs.