Coffee Encounter ✰ LJ [2]

Type: Love

Lauren and her four other bandmates entered the New York coffee shop. Considering the coffee was located over the Brooklyn bridge and hidden by a bunch of buildings, it wasn't very popular. A hole in the wall, if you say.

The aesthetically pleasing coffee shop only had a few people seated on the comfy couches. The two windows in front shined in some sunlight, dimmed lights were used in areas when needed. There was a tiny lounge with two couches and one large bookcase. Near the windows, ten empty tables were scrubbed clean to the surface, not a single crumb or drop on any table. Four boys were seated on the couches, each doing their own thing. They were either reading a book, typing away on their laptop, or scrolling on their phone. Specifically, one boy was fiddling with the camera strap wrapped around his neck.

The five girls spotted the coffee shop on their way to the venue they were performing at. Since they had a little time before soundcheck, they decided to explore the city a bit. First, the girls each wanted coffee or tea, and maybe a muffin. There was currently no line at the counter but there was a girl behind it, bickering at a boy who was on the same side of the five girls. The obviously irritated woman wore a plain white polo under her black apron. On her head, a black wool beanie covered the center of her head.

Once she saw the five girls walk up to the counter, she paused her argument with the mysterious boy. "Sterling, I don't feel like talking right now. I have to get back to work." She said. She began walking to the girls with a forced smile but nonetheless appeared inviting.

She first locked eyes with a pair of green eyes. The last pair of green eyes she saw happened to be her best friend, which put a happy image into her mind. "Hello, welcome! What can I get you?"

Lauren opened her mouth to speak but quickly shut it as soon as the boy started speaking again. "Come on, Y/N. Just five minutes, let's talk about this." Lauren examined the body standing five feet away from her. He had a thin body. An NYU hoodie and blue baggy jeans hugged his body. He had short hair but black curls tucked behind his ears. Blue were the color of his eyes and a tiny freckle was spotted right above his eyebrow. His bottom lip was stuck in between his teeth, his eyes read some sort of plead, which grew Lauren's curiosity.

You turned your head, "I'm working, Sterling. I can't talk and I don't want to talk at all."

His eyes widened, knowing he was in defeat. Blowing up on you was which he resulted to, "So, that's it? Five months down the drain just for you to come out as some sort of lesbian?"

Not only did Lauren's eyes grow wide, her bandmates as well. They didn't care about the fact you were interested in women, they couldn't believe the boy revealed the information with no hesitation at all, he revealed the info so loudly too.

You were about to fire back when Lauren spoke up, "Um, excuse me, she said she didn't want to speak to you. Now, leave."

Sterling rolled his eyes, "Mind your own business." he huffed.

"Hey, watch who you're talking to!" Dinah, Lauren's bandmate, growled.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Sterling said, sarcastically. "please tell me who exactly I'm talking to." He arched an eyebrow cockily.

Lauren pointed a finger at the boy, "You're talking to an openly bisexual woman who's watching a situation that shouldn't even be occurring right now. So what the girl changed her preference? At least she found out this within five months of dating and not five years. Respect the fact she doesn't have feelings for you anymore and walk away."

Sterling stood there dumbfounded, gazing blankly at the feisty Cuban standing in front of him. Meanwhile, the other four girls standing behind Lauren with either their arms crossed or their hands on their hips. They were furious at the boy while you were ready to break down. Although you were grateful to the five girls you've never met stand up for you, you were hurt at your ex-boyfriend's actions.

"Well?" Lauren asked, her green eyes glared at the soul living in the boy's body.

Sterling cleared his throat, glancing at you one last time before making an exit out of the coffee shop. The bell rang above the door, signaling to everyone that he was gone. You were waiting for something else to happen, for him to just come back and blow up on you again but that didn't happen. The feeling of a hand touching your own caught your attention, you quickly tore your eyes away from the door and onto the girl in front of you.

"Are you okay?" She questioned, the sound of her worried was evident in her voice.

It's been a while since you were at a loss for words. Not just because the girl and her posse just stuck up for you but you were just thrown off that anyone would do that for you. The five girls also looked awfully familiar and it would make you go crazy if you couldn't put your finger on it. But for now, you just let it go. "Uh, yes, um, thank you so much. Thank you all." You stuttered.

"Of course. I'm so sorry he did that." Lauren said.

"It's okay, thank you again. What would you all like? It's on the house." You released a small smile.

"Oh, we can't possibly do that. We have to pay for something." Lauren said.

"For what you did and not even knowing me, I wouldn't mind giving you free coffee here for life." You chuckled.

Lauren replied, "That's so sweet of you, that means a lot but again, we can't—"

"Lauren, let the nice woman give us free coffee," Dinah interrupted.

"Ugh, fine." Lauren playfully rolled her eyes before breaking out into a smile.

"What can I get for all of you?" You asked.

After a few minutes of the five girls ordering, it was time for you to print out the receipt. Since Lauren was going to be paying for all five drinks, she was to sign the tiny piece of paper. You handed her a pen and the receipt, letting her sign it to verify that each coffee was bought from her. You avoided telling your boss you gave five random girls free coffees. When you handed her the final piece of paper that she could keep, she slid the signed receipt back to you.

Your eyes caught the ten digits on the paper written below the girl's signature. You finally knew the girl's name, Lauren Jauregui. Again, that sounded very familiar. Not only were there digits of her phone number written on the paper, she had also written a tiny note.

'Call me if you need anything :) I'd be happy to help'

You looked up at the pair of green eyes, breaking out into a huge smile. Lauren reciprocated, winking at you. You glanced at the four other girls who weren't really paying attention. "I'll get your coffees." You saluted.

Lauren's eyes trailed down to your name tag on your apron, "Thank you, Y/N."

As the five girls left to get seated at a table, it hit you who Lauren and the four other girls were. They were on your laptop screen a couple days ago because your best friend said she liked their new music video, 'Write On Me'. You mentally slapped yourself for not knowing who they were sooner but you were happy it was you who had met them because your best friend probably would be very shy and quiet considering who they were. Nonetheless, you might just call up the number Lauren had given you.