Picture Perfect ✰ LJ [6]

Type: Love

You and Dinah sat on the outside bleachers of the school. You were waiting for your cue to take photos of the cheerleaders for the yearbook. You held the reputation of being the most talented photographer in school, anyone was honored to have a picture taken by you. You wouldn't consider yourself popular, you just always thought of it as anyone wanting a photo. Your friends never started a conversation as 'hey, can you take a photo of me after school?' like a bunch of other people have done in the past. Although you wouldn't care if that's how you started a true friendship, it just gets very annoying knowing people are using you for their Instagram profile photos or anything else. 

"Now, exactly how are you going to contain yourself around Lauren?" Dinah questioned. Thankfully, the two of you were at the highest level of the bleachers so no one could hear you.

Lauren has been your crush for the past year — you've never spoken more than the times she was sat next to you in last year's English class, she'd ask you questions about the homework from the night before. And when there were shoulder partners, she'd always pick you over her friend sitting on the side opposite to you. When you did ask her about that, she said that her friend would be a distraction, she needed to focus, which you understood. The best part of it all, she never asked for a photo. She never asked for a dumb photoshoot after school, you two would have real conversations.

Lauren has been on the cheer team since Freshmen year and you two are now Juniors. Not only does being a cheerleader make her popular but she also has the reputation of being the only bisexual cheerleader. With the friends she has and their boyfriends, she's never been messed with. She's never had a comment made to her or about her, at least to your knowledge.

"It's just a few photos, nothing special." You said, "You act like I'm about to confess my proclaimed love for her."

"You might one day." Dinah teased, nudging your shoulder.

You said, "Highly doubt that. And as if she would go for a girl like me." you rolled your eyes.

"Hey, don't doubt yourself. Of course, she would go for a girl like you. I heard she likes the Tumblr users." Dinah joked, she laughed at herself.

"Fuck you." You said.

"I'm just kidding, Y/N/N." She replied, "Bro, look at Lauren."

You followed Dinah's gaze, meeting the sight of your crush in her cheerleading uniform. She was taking a break, sipping her water bottle. You glanced at your friend in confusion, "She's just drinking water."

"Yeah, she's thirsty for you." Dinah's eyebrows wiggled around jokingly.

"I quit." You lifted your hands up in surrender.

"Y/N, we're ready!" Coach Hailey shouted.

"Duty calls." You saluted at Dinah. You picked up the duffle bag that held all your camera equipment, "See you tomorrow."

"Later." Dinah waved.

You stepped down the bleachers, walking to the cheerleaders on the field. You walked passed Lauren before feeling her follow behind you, only for her to join her cheerleader friends. You lightly sat your duffle bag on the ground. You zipped it open, pulling out your camera and the lens that would fit well for the photo. Coach situated the cheerleaders in alphabetical order as you waited patiently.

"We're ready whenever you are." She smiled.

You lifted the camera up to your eye, peeking into the viewfinder. Everyone was smiling and posing for the picture when a certain girl caught your eye. You wanted to laugh at the funny face Lauren was making but you just released a tiny smile. Snapping a photo, the shutter went off.