Control ✰ LJ [11]

Type: Fluff

London at 11 AM

Lauren and her three bandmates made the decision to pick up some brunch to kick off their day off from tour. They'd pick up the brunch and go straight back to the hotel to deliver you and your two best friends' brunch as well. You were eager for the adventures you'd share with not only your girlfriend but also your best friends. Yesterday afternoon, Lauren surprised you by flying them out because you were really missing them, as they were also missing you too. You could only imagine what mayhem you could cause with your best friends that Lauren hasn't seen you do yet. 

Lauren has the impression when you meet people, you're super shy, which is true — but with your friends by your side, it's like a whole new version of you comes out. You don't try to hide your dorky side in front of people other than around the people you love, you're very outgoing when your friends take you out in public and you're practically embracing yourself to get arrested because you never know what they have planned. It's almost as if you downed a whole bottle of alcohol and you're just this new soul. You're not completely different around your best friends but they do get you out of your shell.

You and your friends, Anastasia and Natalie were sitting in your hotel room, brainstorming ideas on what to do for the day. While your girlfriend and her bandmates were grabbing brunch somewhere in the city, Anastasia had the best idea.

She grabbed her speaker from her backpack. After connecting the speaker to the Bluetooth on her phone, she randomly chose a playlist — which was titled, 'Favorite The 1975 Tracks'. Of course, the first track had to be one of your favorites, 'The Sound'. You were hesitant to dance with your two best friends until they pulled you up on the bed. The beat of the song started to kick in and you three were starting to dance. And as usual, your two friends looked like complete idiots dancing, so to be fair, you decided to join them.

Seeing as if no one else but them were in the room, you decided to let loose. You shook your hips, following them and their crazy dance moves. The three of you broke out into giggles, trying to sing the lyrics while doing so. Anastasia twirled you around, causing you to grin wider and laugh harder. Natalie attempted to moonwalk on the bed but she failed miserably with the sheets.

Song after song, you jammed out to every single one of them with your two best friends. The music was loud enough that none of you could hear the door open but who stood there were three girls with their jaws dropped and the other smirking.

"Wait, when have we ever seen Y/N dance?" Normani questioned. You, Anastasia, nor Natalie couldn't even hear the presence of each bandmate.

"Yeah, when has she ever like not been shy? She can have a conversation with us but that one time we brought her to that club, she rarely danced." Ally said.

"I told you, guys. Once she gets really comfortable with you, she'll let loose and be herself. Right now, she's being herself because she doesn't think anyone else is watching other than Anastasia and Natalie." Lauren explained, chuckling after. Her eyes diverted away from her friends and back onto you. Your back was facing her but she saw each and every dance move. When you slightly turned your head, she admired the glowing smile on your face and you would cutely giggle when Natalie nudged you on the shoulder. All Lauren wanted to do right now was join you but she didn't want to make you uncomfortable when you weren't totally comfortable with her bandmates.

Despite knowing her bandmates for about five months, it still takes a while to adjust to the new three people entering your life all at once. You're comfortable enough to not shy out on them but you've never shown much of your dorky side like you are revealing now. It sounds ridiculous but Lauren always understood. She just wishes you would show it often because the only time you show your dorky side is when you have privacy with her or you're just near all the people you're comfortable with. She finds your dorky side entertaining and quite funny.

The song 'Chocolate' by the same band that Lauren also adored ended. There was a moment of silence of nothing but heavy breathing coming from you and your two best friends. Anastasia jumped off the bed to grab some water when she finally saw Lauren, Dinah, Normani, and Ally. She chuckled, "Oh, hey, guys."

That caught your attention, making you turn your head to see your girlfriend and your bandmates. To Lauren's surprise, you didn't panic and shy out. You for some reason felt fine and waved, "Hello." you cracked a small grin. Natalie turned her head as well, waving after. Meanwhile, Anastasia paused the playlist from playing any more songs.

"Wait, what just happened?" Normani joked, "Was the Y/N, a girl who I've never dance in my life actually dance? Was she having fun?" Lauren smacked her shoulder. You released a chuckle, nodding.

"You've never seen her dance?" Anastasia asked, sipping her water bottle.

"Only Lauren has, I'm sure." Ally said. Lauren stayed quiet since her mind just went into a million different directions. "But until now, we've never seen her dance." 

"Well, I think it's time you see a performance, then," Natalie smirked.

You glanced at her, "Huh?"

"Oh, come on. You need to not be so shy over the people you met five months ago." Natalie continued.

"What? I'm not... shy." You said, already knowing exactly what was coming.

"Yeah, you are." Normani, Ally, and Dinah all said in unison. Lauren just shrugged her shoulders, laughing it off.

You playfully sighed, "Ugh, fine but I'm not dancing alone!" 

"Fair enough," Dinah said, rushing to the table to set the bag with brunch in it down. 

She and your girlfriend jumped on the bed with you and Natalie. She threw off the pillows, leaving room to squeeze maybe at least two more people in but with Ally's tiny body, we could fit her. Anastasia unpaused the playlist, the next track was 'Loving Someone' — which flashed a bunch of memories into your mind, along with Lauren's. It was sort of like a song that was special to both of you because she introduced it to you the night you said 'I love you' to her. Neither you or Lauren made it noticeable that the song was special to the both of you other than a smirk and glance at each other. 

Normani, Anastasia, and Ally squeezed together on the bed. You and Lauren were pushed back to the wall but you didn't mind nor Lauren. Her arms were wrapped around your waist as you both swayed to the music. When neither friend was looking, she'd occasionally steal a kiss on your cheek. While the group of friends you shared with her was pretending to go insane as they danced, you and Lauren were sort of the only ones who looked normal until the beat dropped. Your head bopped to the rhythm, your body shook from the loud music as did everyone else in the room. 

The dorkiest smile was painted on your lips and Lauren couldn't help but love it. She loved seeing you happy, she loved seeing you let loose despite your fear of someone watching, she mostly loved seeing you radiate positive energy off of everyone. The dance party was well alive until hotel security had to ruin it when they said they received some complaints. Although it was weird for you to let go of control in front of Lauren's bandmates, you were happy they were just as happy as you. They didn't judge you, not that you expected them to.

Now that you were stepping out of your shell in front of them, you would be willing to go to more events like clubs and after-parties and actually dance with them. Plus, you would have more fun with Lauren if you just started not caring what others thought of you. It didn't help that paparazzi followed you and Lauren everywhere but Lauren always made a point to say it wasn't worth it to fear someone judging you. You can say you didn't start believing it until you started not caring how you looked in front of her friends. 

You didn't care that you looked goofy when they looked just as goofy as you. You also didn't feel every pair of eyes on you like they were glued there, so it was reassuring to know that no one care what you appeared. You lost all control and instead of caring about what other people thought, all you cared about was having fun.