Stay With Me ✰ LJ [14]

Type: Love - Song: 'Stay With Me' by R5

"Lauren, this was a mistake. I can't do this." You panicked, rushing off the bed to put your clothes on.

Lauren laid there, frustrated by your actions. Her body was naked, no clothes to her whatsoever but the white blanket covered her. "Why?" She asked.

You turned to face her after buttoning up your jeans, "What do you mean, why? This was a mistake, I can't do this. I have my girlfriend to think about." you said.

"But she and you are on some break it seems you two go on, frequently. Think of all the times she's hurt you, do you really want that in your life?" Lauren asked.

"What are you saying?" You sighed.

"I'm saying to stay with me, right now. Deep down, you know this wasn't a mistake. You know you wanted this, you wanted everything we did together ten minutes ago." Lauren said.

"How are you so sure?" You arched an eyebrow.

"If you genuinely didn't want me, wouldn't you have said no after I made the first move? If you genuinely didn't want me, would you have continued to make another move?" She repeated herself, "If you love Veronica like you say you do, then fine, go. I wish you good luck and I hope she never hurts you again."

Lauren eyed your body language, seeing as though you were flustered at her words. She continued, "Veronica is only going to hurt you more and more as time goes on. Every drunk night she doesn't spend with you, she's going to keep making poor decisions that reflect on your relationship. Can't you see I wouldn't do that to you? I would never even think of such things as what she did. I could make you feel loved, beautiful, and appreciated better than she ever could but I've never had the chance to do so because I've always wanted to support you and your decisions. Please, just stay with me." 

Her green eyes were a shade of green you've never witnessed before. Not even in the few years of close friendship. They were a shade of green that read as some sort of plead but you didn't identify them as a desperate plead if that even makes sense. She reached her hand out for you to grab, knowing damn well in her mind you weren't going to leave this bedroom.

You accepted her hand in defeat. Not a defeat where you felt ashamed to climb back into bed with Lauren but because you've spent the last year on a girl who wasn't even near Lauren's amount of greatness. All this time of friendship — she's always made you feel weak in the knees for her, you've always thought of her as more than a friend even when you felt it wasn't right. So, the fact she decided to make the first move meant everything to you because you felt that meant there was something there. Your heart would race every time she came around you, you'd blush at every compliment she's ever given you. And the two of you were so close to each other, especially in public, her fans created a ship name dedicated to you and her.

But you avoided it all. You thought you were crazy for thinking this way about your best friend, so you tried focusing on your on-again-off-again girlfriend. It was a struggle for sure. Not only for you but for Lauren as well, seeing you kiss a girl who didn't deserve you broke her heart a little bit every time she witnessed the sight.

Lauren leaned her body on her side, which was also beginning to brush against you. Her elbow dipped into her pillow and her head was propped up by her hand. She gazed down at you, admiring your pretty self.

Lauren cracked a cheeky smile, "You stayed." she confirmed.

"I did." You said, reciprocating that smile Lauren is wearing.

"Thank you." She replied, planting a tiny kiss on your forehead.

"For what?" You asked.

"Thank you for choosing me over her," Lauren said.

"All this time, I knew I had feelings but I thought I was wrong for thinking so. That's why I sort of made Veronica a top priority and haven't been paying attention to you for the last few months. It killed me but I thought this was better for the two of us." You confessed.

Under the covers, Lauren climbed on top of your body. Despite you fully clothed and she was naked, you felt at ease because of the gorgeous girl sitting on your lap. "Nothing you could think or do is wrong in my book. Although it did hurt when it felt like we were growing apart, I believe that was supposed to happen because it made our relationship a lot stronger after today." Lauren said. She moved her hand from your stomach to your hand, intertwining your fingers together with hers.

"You know how you said you could make me feel loved?" You asked before she nodded her head, "Whether you were something always more than a friend or not, you made me feel loved in ways Veronica couldn't. Now it's just my mission to make you feel exactly how you make me feel — plus, all I want is for you to feel appreciated. Not to mention, you're stunning and you've always been stunning." 

"Trust me, Y/N, all throughout everything we've been through, those three things are all you've made me feel." Lauren assured, "Nothing less."

Lauren leaned her head down to place a kiss that was filled with love and lust. Her lips on yours were as if you were kissing something far too valuable to give up. An electrifying feeling coursed throughout your body and it didn't help the fact Lauren's body was grinding against yours. You wrapped your legs around her waist and your arms around her neck to pull her closer to you. You needed to feel her as close as possible to you.

Lauren pulled away from your lips to ask, "Do you want me to turn the light off?" this was obliviously going somewhere.

You shook your head with a big, cheeky grin. "No, I want to keep seeing your gorgeous body."