1:02 ✰ LJ [23]

Form: Love - Side note: If you're a 1975 fan, you may have caught the similar title to their song '102', however, this imagine doesn't correlate with it at all. Thank you, enjoy.

You sat in the corner of your school's library. It was lunch and that meant spending your time reading or studying. Sure, you had friends that could accompany you in the cafeteria, though, you like to save them for after school or the weekends. You hate the stress of homework, so you rush to do it anytime you can before heading home.

Right now, you were delved into yet another book after your Chemist teacher, fortunately, didn't assign another packet of work due the next period. You were at peace with your book and everyone kept you from feeling otherwise. Well, almost everyone.

"Hey, cutie!"

Lauren Jauregui, one of the biggest flirters in this school. She's winked at everybody at least once and before finishing her Junior year, it was like she was determined to earn the power she could flatter anyone. If you allow her close enough to you and your heart, she can make you melt just by saying the right words. Although she rarely ever accepts dates from people who do work up the courage to ask her, she's notorious for having long-lasting crushes. And perhaps she'll stop at nothing until she gets her crush to like her back. 

Now, don't get it twisted. Her crushes have always been secretive between her and her closest friends. If any crush of hers got out, the world would never want to guess what consequences would occur. Anyone Lauren allows into her heart has to be special if she has a crush on them and rumor has it, she doesn't have them often. Emphasis on long-lasting.

In the past, that has given people hope. They try to get as close to Lauren as possible in hopes she'll open up to them. Except that almost never works. She has said once before when you overheard her speaking to her friend, Normani, saying, "If they're really trying to get into my heart, they wouldn't have to try so hard. It would be like they're already there because that means they understand me."

After hearing that, you realized the girl either had a soft spot or a thing for cheesy romantic movies, but regardless, you understood exactly what she meant. And that is why you're at such a halt when she approaches you. With that pretty smile on her face and when the two of you lock eyes, she instantly sends a wink like it was no decision in her mind whether to or not. Sometimes, you didn't know if you knew the girl like the back of your hand or you didn't know her at all. Either way, you were still cautious so you don't end up hurt in the end.

Lord knows Lauren may have a thing for long-lasting crushes, but is even worse at breaking hearts.

"Uh, hey, Lauren." You say, watching as Lauren plopped down next to you against the wall. She scooted closer to you, enough to where you could smell her fruity scent.

"I knew I'd find you here. I saw you with that book, this morning. You know, in Chem?" She said, her eyes flickered from your book back to your eyes. 

"You were looking for me?" You raised an eyebrow.

Lauren inhaled a sharp breath, though, you didn't notice. "No, I'm just observant." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Mhm," You nodded your head, "well, I'll be reading my book if you need me."

You and Lauren weren't close. You occasionally are paired together in Chemistry, sometimes you lock eyes after school when you're headed to the bus, and you two even comment on each other's Instagram posts. Not to mention, the one time she spotted you at the movies with your friends while you didn't notice her. But even if you were in the mix of a crowded room, you somehow would be the first thing she'd notice.