Jealous ✰ LJ [3]

Type: Fluff - Side note: If you like puppies, this is for you. :) If you're allergic, I'm sorry haha.

Your phone buzzed repeatedly on the coffee table. Knowing exactly who was calling, you sat up on the couch and picked up the phone. You glanced at the already lit screen, seeing as expected.

An incoming call from Lauren 💚...  

Lauren was your girlfriend of seven months and she just recently went out to the public, stating her relationship status with you about two months ago. Right now, she was landing in Los Angeles from Brazil. The two of you established over text that you'd pick her up from the airport in about a half an hour but you told her to call you as soon as possible. You had something to tell her and you could already hear your girlfriend making fun of you on the other line.

You accepted the call before lifting the phone up to your ear, "Hey, Lauren." your girlfriend could sense the hesitation in your voice.

"This oughta be interesting, what did you have to tell me?" Your girlfriend was known for getting straight to the point, so you were used to it.

You sighed, "You can't judge me."

"Holy shit, this has to be gold." Lauren giggled.

"This isn't funny, Lo, I did a very bad thing." You said.

"Okay, okay, just tell me. I won't judge you, baby." She replied.

"So, I was walking to campus—"

"Mhm, I'm like already on the edge of my seat."

"Shut up, Lauren."

"Ugh, just go on."

"I was walking to campus when I saw a pet adoption center."

"Oh no. You didn't."

"In the window, I saw the cutest puppy and I couldn't resist."

"You didn't, you really fucking didn't, Y/N."

"So, today, I accidentally skipped my class and bought the puppy."

"How do you accidentally skip a class to buy a puppy?"

"Hey! You said you wouldn't judge me."

"Baby, I love you but you're an idiot."

"You would do the same thing!"

"Probably but this one's on you right now."

"Whatever. So, after I pick you up from the airport and we go back to my apartment, we're gonna have a guest tonight."

"The dog better be cute or else I'm going to be mad at you."

"Why would you be mad?"

"Your love for dogs is pretty strong, the dog is obviously going to interrupt our date night. So, let's hope the dog doesn't steal my girlfriend."

You rolled your eyes, laughing after. "You're cute but a dog couldn't steal me away from you."

"I wouldn't be surprised. Do you even have a name?"

"I want you to help me come up with one."

"Gender?"

"Girl."

"We'll discuss it when you pick me up. Do you have a photo of the dog?"

"Yeah, I just took one a few hours ago. Let me text you it."

Lauren waited on the other line, waiting for the photo of the dog. When her phone buzzed with her girlfriend's contact on the notification bar, she opened up the text conversation.