December Is In Love Today ✰ CC [20]

Form: Fluff - Side note: I realize I am a little early, but I couldn't wait to start creating Christmas imagines! 

You climbed up three steps before approaching your door. Your index finger twirled the set of keys attached to the key ring. The low whistle escaping from your lips had no apparent melody to match. You took a halt once you were inches away from your door. You silenced yourself from whistling and stopped the key twirling, in search for your house key.

A shot of air puffed out of your mouth, the air was visible due to the cold, December weather. You rose to an Aha! moment once you found your house key out of the several you had — house key, car key, gym key, mail key. Come to think of it, you have a lot of keys. You twisted the key into the hole of your door lock, twisting it to the right, then, hearing a gentle click. You widened the door, taking one step forward before toppling over something.

You whimpered as your face landed right on your hand. Luckily, you didn't land on the living room's hardwood floor. You push yourself back up on your feet, only for your eyes to trail down to a little box in front of you.

It was teal and circular with a bow planted on it. From the looks of it, it looks like it was set here by your girlfriend. The black bow with teal stripes practically gives it away considering she's a lover of bows, though, she doesn't wear them as often as she used to.

On the lower half of the bow, a ribbon tied together with a note was attached to the bow. You bent down to pick up the box, staring at it with curiosity and amusement. A breeze running up your spine reminded you of the freezing temperature, resulting you in stepping inside your house and shutting the door behind you.

You walked over to the dining room and planted the box on the table. You traced your finger on the velvety fabric of the box before unfolding the note left for you.

"Hey, my love!

I'm leaving this for you to open because I know I couldn't confront you with this in person. You'll understand after you read all of these embarrassing notes I created for you since the beginning of our relationship last December. Enjoy my embarrassment and please don't tease me.

All love,
Cami."

Subconsciously, a smile tugged at your lips. You couldn't fall for this girl any more than you already did now. You lift up the lid of the box, revealing a pack ton of white paper. All were folded to tiny pieces. You picked one up, thinking you could just read one for now and read them with Camila later. However, it was like you picked up one note and you couldn't stop reading them. It was just one after the other after the other.

"You looked so pretty in class today. Dinah kept getting annoyed at me because I was staring."

You remember that day. You caught her once during that period, and to not make her feel bad, you sent her a wink with your signature smile.

"You're possibly one of the cutest humans I've ever met."

And she says I'm cute, you thought.

"I remember a week prior to this lovely event, I told you it was a dream of mine to go on a movie and milkshake date. Cliché? Correct, but you ended up doing just that and making my night entirely cheerful."

You let out a chuckle, you recall being so nervous for that night. You knew she would love it, you didn't doubt that, but it was so early in the relationship, you considered maybe it was too much. Then, once you finally took her to see a cheesy romantic movie and milkshakes at a local cafe, Camila revealed to you how much that meant to her. Although it was only a week before you took her on that date that she told you, it made her heart happy you listened.

"My mom almost caught us kissing today, lmao."

Oh, Camila.

"You cried for the first time in front of me today. I knew something was wrong from the moment I saw you standing at your locker. Headphones blocked your ears, I noticed your fingers were a little bit shaky, causing difficulty to open your locker. Then, that night, you never showed up to your softball game with Lauren and Ally. I stayed in the bleachers with D and Mani, wondering where you were while Coach was scrambling around the stands, trying to find you. The few hours there at the game, you never showed up. And although the three of us were also supporting Lauren and Ally, I was still urging to know where you were. I sent you texts, calls, and voicemails. None of which, you picked up and I began to feel worried.

So, after the game, Lauren handed me your Letterman jacket that for some reason was in her locker and I took it to your house. I figured I would need a little excuse to tell your mom why I'm at your house so late. Once I saw you on your bed crying, a little part of me broke at the sight. All I did that night was do anything you needed me to do for you. I cuddled you for hours, I handed you tissues, you ended up using your Letterman as a blanket aside from the one you were laying on, and most importantly, I listened to your words."

God, that day was hell, you thought, but she made it a lot better.

"You literally give me butterflies every time you look at me. I hate you but I lowkey (actually highkey) love you."

"I love it when you hand me your letterman jacket because it's so big on me. It's comfy."

Triggered.

"I wrote a song about the time we danced in the rain and you ended up having a cold three days later. Well, I took the ill part out but I found the song adorable. :')"

There were a million other notes. Not literally, but it felt like it. Your cheeks were flushed, your eyes had tears begging to fall out, and your heart was just overwhelmed with happiness. Now, all you needed to do was find a gift that could come close to Camila's great of a gift. 

After you read all the notes, of course.

//

A/N: Hey, I'm so sorry for the slow updates. I hadn't been in the mood to write for a hot minute because there's this event that I'm doing, which takes like 99.9% of my focus aside from school. I swear I'll start publishing more imagines ASAP (rocky). But expect some more Christmas imagines, I am a sucker for those!

Also one huge thanks to my best friend, @hvlseyonfire, for the Christmas theme! She creates all of my book covers and helps my account look completely organized.