Drunk But True ✰ LJ [1]

Type: Fluff

Lauren exited the bathroom of your bedroom in nothing but a hoodie and panties. She released a sigh, completely exhausted after spending hours at your birthday party. It was nearly two AM and the group of friends you share with Lauren just left an hour ago. The last hour, you and Lauren were cleaning up the living room and kitchen a bit. The two of you would be cleaning the backyard tomorrow, your friends were wreckless and trashed it.

Saying you were drunker than your girlfriend would be an understatement. Although she did have a few drinks, tonight was the one night you didn't want to be stressed, which you have been feeling lately. So, you may have had one too many drinks. She was a little surprised you were able to function and clean the living room. But nonetheless, she appreciated it.

You were already under the covers when she climbed in beside you. Your eyes were shut. Since you were in such a drunk state, you were sensitive to the brightly lit lamp on Lauren's side. You barely felt the arms of your girlfriend wrap around your waist, spooning you. But you did start to feel comfortable, even when you honestly didn't know where you were or who you were with.

Lauren was about to shut off the lamp when you blurted, "You know how much I love Lauren?"

She quirked an eyebrow, looking back over at you to see your eyes were still shut. She giggled, "Baby, you're talking to me. I'm Lauren."

Your mind couldn't register what she said so you just continued. "Lauren's the sweetest. Never did I ever think I would be blessed to have someone like her. But then again, no one could ever amount to her." Lauren never understood how every time she witnessed your drunk state, she seemed to always understand every word you were saying. You never had a slur to anything you said, it almost creeped her out.

Lauren bit her lip, trying her best to not break into a huge smile. She was also holding her chest as if her heart was about to explode. "I love you, Y/N." Lauren pressed her lips to your forehead.

"Wanna know my favorite things about Lauren?" Lauren debated in her head if she wanted to listen or not. She felt if she listened, it was almost crossing some sort of boundary between the two of you but boy, was she eager to know.

"Uh, sure." She hesitated.

"Not to sound cliche, but her smile makes my heart burst. It's so... happy and genuine, which is something I haven't seen with anyone in a long time. Also, she has such a brilliant mind. Literally, the first time I met her, I had already lowkey known her from Fifth Harmony. By lowkey, I mean high key." Lauren giggled at that. "But the first time I met her, she intimidated me so much because I knew she graduated with a 5.6 GPA. I wasn't worried she was going to say something smart, I was more worried I was going to say something and she might think I was dumb as a rock. But for some reason, since that day, she's chosen me. I have no idea why, but she has. She, seriously, has the prettiest mind and the prettiest body, I just wish the damn girl could see that."

Lauren has never hugged you tighter, she was exploding with happiness and you were too drunk to realize that. She cuddled you like a big teddy bear with the reddest cheeks and the biggest smile. Considering you're so drunk, you're really missing out on that smile that you adore so much.

"I would also tell her she has the prettiest eyes but because she gets that compliment so often, I feel like it wouldn't mean anything to her if I said it." Trust me, Y/N, anything you say could create the biggest smile on my face, Lauren thought.

You've never known this but you've blindly had so much control over her. By control, I mean you could literally say the simplest words like 'you're gorgeous' and it'd make her more confident. Without realizing this, you've grown her to be confident in herself, which is something she didn't always master in. But she's also had the same effect on you too, except it occurs in other ways.

All throughout your life, you've been hurt by too many people. When you make someone your top priority, they usually neglect to make your theirs. So the fact that these last seven months with Lauren and she's made you her world, her everything, her top priority, it makes you feel the happiest emotions you've never been able to feel before.

At this very moment, Lauren was showering you with kisses. Somehow, everything was blurrier than ever to you. You could faintly feel lips pressing against your neck to your forehead. "Gosh, Y/N, you're so cute." Lauren grinned, continuing to pepper kiss you.

A tiny smile formed on your lips, "Lauren's cuter."

Lauren playfully rolled her eyes, she'll never believe that she's cuter than you. "Goodnight, baby girl. I love you." She pressed one more kiss to your forehead before turning out the light and trying to not think of your adorably drunk self. But honestly, she couldn't help but dream of you.