Need To (P. II) ✰ CC [12]

Type: Love

Previously...

"Can I tell you one other thing?"

"Go for it."

"I wish I would've come to Prom with you and not Shawn."

What did she just say? You thought to yourself.

"Like in that way?"

Camila let out a tiny laugh, "Yes, in that way." she confirmed.

"Why?"

"You would've had me dying of laughter on the floor all night, just like how you usually do. You would've put a smile on my face faster than Shawn ever did. And lastly, you would've made me feel a lot more beautiful because I love hearing your kind words. They've always sounded genuine and sincere, I've secretly wanted you to tell me I'm gorgeous in a way that a best friend shouldn't. But guess what? I was just too scared that if I liked you, you'd run away and we'd never be friends again. As you know or should know, I can't lose you. You're by far too valuable to lose."

Camila noticed a twinkle in your eye before it was covered up with a tear. She panicked, "Oh my God, are you crying?"

You quickly wiped the tear away, "I'm sorry, that was just probably the sweetest thing someone has ever said to me."

Camila walked closer to you, waving her hand in your face to dry the incoming tears. "Don't apologize. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry." She said. She grabbed a tiny napkin from her purse, very lightly dabbing your cheeks to get rid of the tears but to not ruin your highlight.

You smiled through the small sob, "You know, last year, I remember you and I were taping up the dollar Valentine's day posters with Dua. All morning, you kept telling me someone anonymously sent you a rose to your locker the day before and that morning, you saw another bouquet of roses at your locker. You and I were brainstorming who it could be when I knew all along who it was."

Camila stopped dabbing the napkin on your cheek, "That was you all along?"

"Yeah... Before Valentine's day, that was the time you were having a rough time keeping up with homework and at home. I wanted the bouquet of roses to be your little reminder to breathe, which is what I put into the note. I'm still surprised you didn't find out it was me because you know I'm not slick when it comes to hiding something."

Camila shook her head, laughing, "Why didn't you tell me? Why are you telling me over a year and a half later?"

"Like you, I was scared I would ruin our friendship. So, now that you told me this, I feel it's only right to tell you that."

Camila laid her thumb on your cheek, lightly stroking it. Her eyes locked with your own. Your fingers somehow found hers. It had never felt better than to feel her soft, fingers meet yours. Camila wanted to pull away but no matter how hard she tried, she had no strength. She couldn't resist the urge to kiss you.

"It's wrong to do this when Shawn's inside, but I can't help it... I need to." She sighed.

"Don't do it if you're uncomfortable." You said.

Camila rested her forehead on yours, "I'm far from uncomfortable."

And with that, she laid her lips on yours. It was the most passionate kiss you've shared with someone. No other person has ever thrown you off with the amount of love and effort someone has put into a kiss with you. Before it could get any more heated, you pulled away for the sake of not wanting to hurt Shawn's feelings.