Precious ✰ CC ⚠️ [4]

DISCLAIMER: If you are triggered by mentions of attempted suicide, please do not read on.

"And exactly why did we drive 45 minutes out of the city to a beach when we live right next to one?" Your best friend, Camila asked. 

The two of you climbed out of the car, standing in the middle of an empty parking lot, which was located next to an empty beach. The sky was still bright blue, despite the time of it being 5:30 PM. White, puffy clouds surrounded the sky and its sun. Closing the door to your car, you felt the light wind blow through your hair, as did Camila. The ocean's waves were crashing against each other, the sand was fairly cold considering the chilly temperature. 

"I have something to tell you." You said.

You stopped to take off your shoes, setting them on the hood of your car after. You dipped your feet into the sand, watching Camila reciprocate your earlier actions. When she finished setting her shoes beside yours, she placed her hand in yours. Both of you pretended to never think anything of it since it was always often for the two of you to hold hands, but you both thought about it from any chance you could. Right now, you ignored it since what you were about to do was really important to you.

You led Camila near the waves, close enough to let the water soak your feet and hers. It was quiet for the next couple moments, well, it was on the outside. But you were either screaming in your head or searching for the words to tell Camila first. Meanwhile, she was wondering what you could possibly tell her that you didn't want to keep a secret with her for any longer. She's aware of almost everything you have going on inside that head of yours, as you always did for her.

Being best friends meant you really didn't have secrets unless it was not to be shared with the other. Camila felt her heart either weaken at every negative thought that came to mind or her heart would race at the thought of you telling her something so irrationally. To signal she was waiting for anything, she gently squeezed your hand. You always took that as a comforting embrace, which that was exactly what Camila wanted you to take it as.

"Camila, um, I don't know how to put this." You muttered, clicking your tongue after.

Camila's stomach started to flip when you murmured her name, she never understood it — that's a lie, she knew what her stomach was doing. Her stomach was developing butterflies, her heart would always beat a little faster around you, she'd feel so calm and collected every time you hug her or doing something so lovingly, and the way her face would break out into the biggest smile when you complimented her. You always loved to tease her how red her cheeks can get but you also never thought anything of it.

You see, you're not aware of Camila's feeling for you. The thought of you having interest in your best friend has been roaming in your head for years, pretty much since the month you met in eighth grade. Now you two were Juniors against whatever you two were battling. For you, it was depression, Camila is always there at two AM when you're thinking such negative thoughts. For Camila, it was her anxiety and shyness, you were always there when she texted you that she was in the nurse's office. Although you've gotten detention three times for ditching class to rescue your best friend, it was always worth it. On the other hand with her shyness, you've always helped her with being able to sing in front of people. She's always so anxious and shy singing in front of people, you give her the courage to sing in front of anybody. As singing always being her passion, you always push her to her greatest extent.

Camila slid her body closer to you, her shoulder brushed against yours. She noticed your little pause of reality, "I'm right here, Y/N. You can tell me anything."

You turn your head, seeing those wide brown eyes already glancing at you. "I have two things to tell you, actually." Your tongue darted out of your mouth to wet your lips.