Approval ✰ CC [21]

Form: Fluff

The doorbell rang.

"I'll hide in the hallway's closet!" Camila yelled, "Gosh, I'm so excited."

You snickered as you heard the closet door click shut. You exited the kitchen, trailing your way to the door. Today, your 15-year-old, Fifth Harmony obsessed sister was visiting your apartment to sleep over. You alerted her through a text that you needed her approval on something and that was the fact you needed her approval on being in a relationship with a member of her favorite band.

You wrapped your hand around the doorknob, zoning out until Camila said, "So, are you going to open it?"

You took yourself out of your trance. You would never admit it to Camila, but you were nervous. Not that your sister wasn't going to accept your relationship, you were worried about her embarrassing you in front of Camila. You sighed before opening the door with a forced smile.

"Ashley, hey!" You widened the door for her to enter. Your sister came prepared to sleep over with a backpack and a duffle bag.

She stepped through the door, "Hey, thanks for letting me stay over. Mom and Dad were getting on my last nerve."

You shut the door after she began making her way to the couch. You teased, "Ah, the memories with crazy parents with an even crazier sister."

You moved out of the house for college when you were 18. You're 19 now, but you just finished your freshman year, attending University of California, Los Angeles. For short, UCLA. The reason you live an apartment is that you're not alone. You live with an aunt of yours that was nice enough to lend you a bedroom while you went to college. Right now, she's at work.

"Yeah, yeah," Ashley replied, rolling her eyes. "where's Aunt Elle?"

"At work." You said, "Hey, can we discuss something real quick?"

Ashley nodded, "What about?"

You hopped on the cushion beside her, "Well, you know how you're obsessed with Fifth Harmony?"

Your sister quirked an eyebrow, "Yeah?"

"And you know how several months ago, I took you to their concert?"

"Yeah, Y/N, where is this going?"

"How would you react if I told you I'm dating one of them?"

Ashley began to form a teasing smile, "I'd laugh in your face."

You sighed, this is a lot more difficult than you expected.

"But if it's true and it's Dinah, I'm gonna kick your ass."

You snickered, "It's not Dinah."

"So, it's true? You're dating one of them?"

You nodded, hesitantly. Next thing you know, Ashley is doing exactly what she said. She was laughing hysterically in your face.

"There's no way you're dating one of them! Which one are you supposedly dating? How did you even meet her?"

"After the concert, I took you back here. While you were asleep, I snuck out with a friend and he drove me to his friend's video shoot. I guess his friend happened to be friends with the girls and they were there. He introduced me to all of them. They were really nice and I ended up hitting it off with one of them. The week after you left, I joined her for a cup of coffee. We've been on the down low since we made things official, but you're actually the first person in my life finding this out."

Ashley's demeanor seemed to calm down after she saw the serious expression on your face, "So, you're serious?" you understood why she would be so skeptic.

"Yes." You replied.

"Wait, if it's not Dinah, who is it?" Ashley questioned.

That's when your girlfriend, Camila took it as her cue to step out of the hallway closet. Ashley didn't notice her presence until she shut the door and faced the two of you. Ashey turned her face and instantly, her jaw dropped. She shifted her head back toward you to ask, "You're dating Camila?"

You joked, "Yeah, just a little bit."

Camila walked to the two of you, "Hey, it's nice to meet you after your sister never stops talking about you." you playfully glared at your girlfriend while Ashley's eyes widened. She stood up from the couch before Camila pulled her into a hug.

"Y/N talks about me?" Ashley questioned.

"Yeah, for sure! There have been times Y/N gets off the phone with you and then, she'll talk you up to me right after." Camila said.

"Aw, so, Y/N does have a heart?" Ashley teased.

"Oh, yeah, no doubt. The girl will just never admit it." Camila chuckled.

"Okay, guys, I'm sitting right here." You interrupted.

The two of them giggled as they pulled you off the couch. You said to Ashley, "You seem bizarrely calm. I thought you would be screaming 'Oh my God, Camila Cabello!'."

"Sis, you have a huge misconception of me as a fangirl," Ashley said.

"Yeah, maybe." You said, "So, you're not mad?"

"No, why would I be?" Ashley replied.

"I'm just glad I'm not Dinah because I heard you would 'kick Y/N's ass' if I was." Camila teased, nudging her shoulder playfully.

Heat rushed to Ashley's cheeks, "Oh, yeah, um, you heard that?"

"Yeah, but don't worry! I thought it was cute." Camila smiled, "I know Dinah is with her family at the moment, but Y/N and I can probably arrange something for you to meet her. You're gonna love her."

You could tell Ashley was restraining herself from either screaming or squealing, you couldn't decipher between the two. "Yeah, and I have a misconception of you as a fangirl." You remarked, then, felt Camila smack your shoulder. You smirked.

"You're already my favorite person in the world," Ashley said to Camila before she was pulled into a hug. 

You widened your eyes, "Wait, what? Where do I rank?"

Without separating from Camila, Ashley turned her head, "You've ranked number two after that comment."

You shook your head, "Whatever. I'm just happy you approve of me and Camila."

"I would approve of you no matter who you're dating," Ashley said, "but Camila seems amazing. Especially, for you."

You can't lie and say that didn't melt your heart.

"Camila, are you sleeping over?" Ashley asked.

"Only if Y/N's cool with it!" Camila said.

"That's not even a question, of course, you can." You replied, "There's always room and you know how much Aunt Elle loves company."