Then, There's You (P. I) ✰ CC [22]

Form: ANGST/Love

Ah, October. It's the month leaves turn brown and start falling off trees, Starbucks release their annual pumpkin spice latte, the hot weather tranforms into light breezes, and the most obvious one, Halloween. This time around, you actually found a purpose each and every day to get out of bed. Although school should be your motivator, you'd be lying if you said it was. But October was just different than the previous months since the other two before led to going back to school from summer break and getting back in the hang of all things.

October was filled with change and most of the time, you hated change, but this month was an exception. And specifically, this current October you were living in was better than the rest of all October's you've lived through. October 16th was the date you fell in love with your girlfriend, Olivia Connor.

Well, last October 16th was the date you fell in love with her. Fast forward exactly a year later on this date with you sitting in a Starbucks drive-thru. Unexpected? Not in the slightest. Anytime you have money to make a purchase at the well-known coffee shop, you're quick to do so. The radio was cranked real low, you left your window open as you were waiting for your coffee. Occasionally, you'd glance at the digital clock beside your gas level signal.

6:47.
6:48.
6:48.
6:48.
6:49.

Yeah, occasionally is a strong word.

"Y/N, it's okay! Stop worrying. We're going to get to school on time and you'll have enough time to speak to lover girl."

Camila Cabello, your best friend since Freshman year. The dorkiest person you know, but the only person in the world that can make you laugh as fast as she can. Plus, you're dorky yourself. You embrace it, oftentimes.

Camila sat in the passenger seat of your car. She was curled up in your seat with a dazzling smile and her phone clutched in her hand. She let out a giggle after repeating what she said, "Ha, lover girl. Yeah, that suits her well."

You looked over at your best friend, rolling your eyes playfully. "Ironic, this is coming from the biggest hopeless romantic I know." You claim.

Before Camila could respond, the drive-thru window slid open and an employee handed you two warm cups of coffee. You put both in the cup holders between you and Camila considering neither of you could drink it after how hot it felt just with you holding it. You shared a thank you with the nice man and exited out of the drive-thru, back on the busy streets.

You rolled up your door window, "Lord, it's freezing."

"Hence why I brought my sweater." Camila snickered, referring to 20 minutes ago. You picked her up from her house that was right next door and she suggested you bring something to wear over your band tee. You being stubborn, you responded with 'I'll be fine'.

You two talked briefly on the way to school. Camila even attempted to start drinking the coffee after five minutes. "Bold move, Cabello." as you smirked. You pressed the brake lightly, approaching a red light and halting the car. You eyed a few pedestrians passing as you began to hear Camila's phone blowing up in her hand. You glanced over in her direction. Her eyes were wide, her lips were inches from pressing against each other, and you noticed a change in her demeanor.

"What? What's going on?" You asked.

She looked at you and your concerned expression. In an instant, she switched her own with a weary smile, "Oh, um, nothing. Beyonce just posted this photo on Instagram and it's making me question if I'm bi or lesbian again." she joked. As often as she could make you laugh, your mind couldn't escape the image of her facial expression moments ago.