Part One - Chapter Two: Welcome to Chelsea

Walking into Stamford Bridge with his agent, Fernando Torres licked his lips nervously as he prepared to turn his back on Liverpool for good; he had to remind himself that he was doing this for his family.

“Don’t look so nervous, you look like you don’t want to be here,” his agent hissed as he looked at Fernando, he knew why his client was doing this and he would have thought that he would have been happy to do this for his wife; however he could tell that Fernando loved Liverpool.

“It’s nice to have you here at Chelsea Mr Torres,” Ron Gourlay said as he walked towards Fernando as they entered the meeting room, he smiled at Fernando as he showed him to his seat so that they could sign him before the deadline closed.

Staring down at the piece of paper, Fernando took a deep breath as he forced a smile onto his face as he was shown were to sign; he stopped listening as he signed for Chelsea, he didn’t even remember shaking Ron’s hand before he was being ushered out of the door so they could go to some sort of press conference to announce his arrival at the club.

“So Fernando, how do you feel about signing for Chelsea?” asked a voice that snapped the footballer out of his thoughts, he blinked as he stared at the brunette that had spoken to him; he licked his lips as he tried to think about how to sound pleased about his transfer.

“I am very pleased with the chance to start a new chapter in my career, to work with players that I have played against and admired,” Fernando said carefully making her nod her head as she flashed him a small smile.

Fernando spent nearly an hour answering questions from the press but the only ones that he seemed to remember were the questions that the brunette asked him; he wished he knew her name.

***

Packing up her things as she prepared to leave, Cassidy Smith ignored some of the looks that the other journalists gave her as they were forced to leave the conference room while she was allowed to remain.

Cassidy knew that they hated that she’d had rights to remain in the stadium while they had to leave, however Cassidy had worked hard for her press pass and since she was the only female presenter on Chelsea TV it allowed her so advantages.

“Fernando, this is Cassidy Smith… you’ll be seeing a lot of her, she covers a lot of the matches for us,” Ron said as he introduced the two, Cassidy brushed some hair from her face and offered her hand to Fernando, who shook it.

Cassidy was wearing pine green tunic with drop neck and drapey ruffle and black skinny jeans paired with black heeled sandals and a tan leather bowling bag.

“It’s nice to meet you Fernando,” Cassidy said as she shook his hand before she moved to collect her popper front skater mac, she noticed that Fernando seemed to be upset about something.

“You too Cassidy,” Fernando said softly as he watched the woman, he was a little surprised that she worked at the club, she didn't look like someone who watched football, let alone work at a football club.

Ron excused himself leaving Fernando alone with Cassidy as she prepared to head up to her office and then head home.

“So how do you really feel about the transfer, because you look less than happy about it,” Cassidy said making the Spaniard stare at her surprised that it was that obvious that he didn't want to be here.

“Is it that obvious?” Fernando asked softly making Cassidy shrug as they walked out of the conference room; Cassidy raised an eyebrow at Fernando as the two of them walked towards the car park, the brunette deciding that she could write up the press conference at home.

“A little, I don’t think anyone else has noticed,” Cassidy said as she allowed Fernando to open the door for her, stepping outside the two were revealed that the staff car park was hidden from public view.

Fernando paused as he spotted the yellow and black 1977 Chevy Camaro that was parked in the car park among the expensive cars that the players and staff owned.

“So I will see you on Wednesday for your Chelsea TV debut,” Cassidy said as she smiled at Fernando as they approached the 1977 Chevy Camaro, the brunette fished the car keys out of her bag making Fernando realise that the car was hers.

“Don’t worry so much Torres, I don’t bite… the worst you’ll have to do is sing for your new team-mates,” Cassidy teased as she opened her car and popped her bag into the passenger side.

Fernando nodded his head as he admired the old car, he wondered why she chose to drive such an old car until he realised what she had said.

“I have to sing for my team-mates,” Fernando squeaked making Cassidy laugh softly and nod her head, he was a little surprised about the initiation that his team-mates wanted; however she knew that different clubs had different initiations for their new players.

“It’ll be okay, they don’t mind if you sing in Spanish,” Cassidy said as she reassured Fernando, he was suddenly grateful that he had met her; she was like a breath of fresh air to him since she didn't seem to care that he was a footballer.

***

Olalla smiled as Fernando arrived at the hotel that they were staying at until they found a home, she had refused to stay in Liverpool until a house was sorted and Fernando was curious about her sudden desperation about getting away from the city that he loved.

“So how was it?” Olalla said as she wrapped her arms around her husband, she ran her fingers through his brown hair as she kissed his lips; Fernando looked at her wondering why she was acting like this.

“It was okay,” Fernando said shrugging as he moved away from his wife and walked over to watch their children sleeping; he sighed he had done this for them.

Olalla stared at her husband, she knew that he had done as she had asked because he had wanted to save their marriage but she hated to think what he would do when he learnt why she had wanted to leave Liverpool behind.

“How about we go out to dinner tomorrow? You know, to celebrate the transfer,” Olalla said as she walked towards him quietly, hoping that he would agree so that they could work on their marriage; it had been strained lately and she didn't want to raise suspicions especially his.

“I have training until late,” Fernando murmured making Olalla nod her head, she knew that he’d have to work hard to get used to his new team now that he was playing with new people; she hoped that he wouldn’t push her away for too long.

“I’ll see what happens,” Fernando conceded as he spotted the look on her face, he knew that their marriage was in trouble and if they didn't do something then it was going to end.

“Okay, we’ll have to start looking for a house,” Olalla mused as she padded away from Fernando, who sighed as he looked at her; he didn't know what to make of her recent behaviour but he hoped that this would be the turning point.

Fernando didn’t know what it was but he couldn’t help but think that Olalla had another motive in forcing the move to London.