Izumo Kusanagi

This was requested by axlmdp

Third Person's Pov

(Y/n) sat at the bar, having a small drink at three in the morning. The people who lived here or crashed for the night were upstairs, all asleep. Everyone but (Y/n). This wasn't unusual for her anymore. Ever since Mikoto passed, she's been here thinking. A sigh escaped her lips as she finished the swallow of her drink. She grabbed Izumos pack of cigarettes and took one, placing it in between her lips. With one of her hands, she used her aura to light it and with the other, she poured more liquor into the empty glass. The feelings she was having weren't fair to Izumo and she knew that. She knew he has been having anxiety about this and sometimes doubts the love she shares with him. And she couldn't blame him. He had the right to feel that way. If she was in his position, she would feel exactly the same.

She jumped a little when arms wrapped around her waist, startled that someone else was awake. She felt her back pressed against a chest. A pair of lips kissing the top of her head.  She slowly looked up.

"What are you doing up (Y/n)? It's late."

"I couldn't sleep. I tried too but I kept tossing and turning, I didn't want to wake you up."

Izumo nodded and sat down on the stool that was next to his girlfriend, grabbing the cigarette from her and taking a drag before handing it back. "Everything okay (Y/n)? You hardly drink, unless something is bothering you."

She sighed. Of course I couldn't hide this from him, he knows me too well.

"I just got thinking and I didn't want to bother you."

"Is it about Mikoto again?"

She slowly nodded and looked down at her drink, trying to avoid looking into his eyes. A small 'yes' escaped her lips. She knew if she looked at him, she would feel worse. She hated that she was putting so much stress and anxiety on him. Izumo frowned but hid it with a neutral expression.

"I'm sorry Izumo-" She started but he cut her off.

"You don't have to be sorry (Y/n)-chan. He meant a lot to you and I can understand that." She brought the glass up to her lips and took a sip. And then another. He placed his hand on her back and started to rub small circles into it, trying to calm her down and to stop himelf from thinking. "Do you still love him?" Izumo quitely let out.

"Yes. Of course I do." She responded. His hand fell off her back and she looked at him. He was holding back how upset he was, holding back everything. But she could tell he was, no matter how hard he tried to hide it. She placed the glass back down on the counter and turned in her chair so she was facing him. "I do still love him, you never stop loving your first love. But, the love I have for Mikoto is different than before. I love him as a friend, I loved him as a friend months before we got together, months before he passed... The love I have for you is different. I love you how a fiancee loves their other half." Izumo nodded and she schooged closer to him, cupping his cheeks. "I know you have doubts about my love for you, I know how much stress and anxiety you have been going through because of me and I'm so sorry for that Izumo. You don't deserve that." I lifted his head so our eyes met. I smiled. "I love you so much and I could never feel the same way I do about you with anyone else. I love you more than I love anyone else and I'm glad that I can soon be called your wife."

A smile formed on his lips. He grabbed onto her thighs and pulled her onto his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. Resting their forheads against each others. They stayed like that for a few minutes until he broke the silence. "You mean so much to me that I'm afraid to lose you."

The girl nodded. "You don't need to be afraid of losing me Izu-chan, I'm not leaving your side. Not until I die."

They both leaned in until their lips met, kissing each other until they broke for air. Izumo stood up, holding her up with his arms. Carrying them up to their room. "And as to you, you have me for a life time (nickname)."

End of Oneshot