Chapter 83

Grace's POV

"What do you mean graffiti? Like with spray paint?" I'm trying to get my boots tied and hold my phone between my shoulder and ear. Not working. The phone drops on my plate with my toast.

"Sorry, dropped the phone. Listen, I have to finish getting ready. I'll be there in a few minutes." I hang up on Annie and throw my phone in my book bag.

"Grace let's go! Do you guys still want a ride?" Dad is yelling from the living room.

"No, it's OK Dad. Go ahead. sorry, I thought I'd be ready."

Dad grumbles his goodbye to me and slams the door behind him. I wish he'd stop being mad. Maybe I should talk to him. Blech. I REALLY don't want to talk to Dad about my sex life! I stuff my math book in my bag and head for the door.

"Gracie, can you guys come right home from school tonight? I made an appointment to get my hair colored at three and I would really appreciate it if you would watch Addi during that time." Mom says, standing in the living room with her cup of coffee.

"Sure, we'll be here. Gotta go now Mom! Love you!" I wave and open the front door, I see Harry leaning against our tree.

"You know, you can come in, Nobody in my house bites, well, not many of us." I give Harry a wink as I get to the tree.

"Yeah I know but your Dad said you were almost ready. He's still pissed huh?"

"I don't think it's pissed. I think he's sad, you know? Probably worried I'll get pregnant too." Harry pulls me in for a kiss. He must've just had coffee.

"You a coffee drinker now?"

"Shit no. Lizzie makes coffee then puts it in a pitcher in the fridge, she likes it cold, I thought it was grape kool aid." Harry looks so good today. Black skinny jeans, hole in the knee, long sleeve green henley.

"I like your outfit today. Sexy."

"Grace, this is not an outfit. Girls wear outfits. Guys throw on clothes, usually whatever they grab first from the drawer or closet, sometimes the floor."

"Well, your thrown on dirty clothes thing you got goin' on today, I like it!" Harry laughs and laces his fingers through mine as we walk to the corner.

"I'm still wearing the locket. I really love it, Harry. I want to thank Lizzie today." I pull it out of my blue flannel to show him.

"It looks good on you." Harry gives me a sweet smile.

"I also have the key to your room. You sure it's OK if I use it?"

"Yeah, Just don't do it before 8:30 at night. That way the girls are asleep."

"What about the rest of your family? Won't they freak if they see me?" We stop as the light turns yellow.

"Jenna and Jess don't care. Joe's the only one who would fucking say anything, but if you don't see his truck outside, you're safe. Who the fuck cares anyway, my Mom knows I gave it to you, she owns this house not Joe." Harry pulls me along when the light turns green.

"What do you mean your mom knows?!" Seriously? He told his mom he gave me a key to his room?!

"Ha, awkward isn't it! Now you know how I felt when you told your mom about us having sex!" He's grinning! Buttmunch.

"Wait. Your mom, she knows we're having sex?!" No, no, no.

"Grace, my mom knows me! Plus she knows what you mean to me, AND she loves you. It's not a big deal."