Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Come on!" I say banging my locker. Why is it the first day of school, lockers never want to work? I had no problems with it the other day when Tay and I were here trying to find our classes. I try the combination again, this time with success. I put my bag inside and grab a notebook and some pens. Not sure what I really need for speech. I hate that we have to take speech! I am so nervous about standing in front of people talking about stuff no one wants to hear. I wish Tay was in speech with me. That would make it easier. Then I could just stare at her through the speeches and pretend no one else was in the room. I slam my locker shut and head to class.. It's my closest class to my locker so no worries about being late.

I get to class and find a desk towards the back. So far it doesn't look too bad, a lot of people I don't really know and some nerds. The teacher is Mr. Howard. He's about 100 years old and zero personality. I was hoping for Mr. Watts, he is way cooler and super delicious. The bell rings and Mr Howard tells us to open up our notebooks and take a few notes about what he expects from our first speech. Naturally the speech is an introduction speech where we have to talk about who we are, what we like, blah, blah, blah. He says that he's not interested in trying to get us to be experts at this point, he just wants to hear about who we are. Ok, that seems easy enough, if it wasn't for the standing in front of everyone, and TALKING OUT LOUD.

He starts writing down the points he wants us to talk about in our speech. I am writing this down when I hear him say, "Good morning Mr. Styles, glad you could join us." Nope, nope, nope, no way this is happening. Maybe there is another Mr. Styles at our school? I slowly look up to see that nope, nope, nope, there isn't. Awesome. Oh, sure and here he comes to sit in the only remaining seat, right behind me. Perfect. My day is just perfect. I am in hell and it is only 7:30 in the morning. Can't wait to see how the rest of this day goes.

"Hey Morgan, it doesn't bother you that I'm sitting behind you does it?" He says this from behind me so I can't see his face, but I can hear the smirk in his voice. I am absolutely horrified right now and can't even think of something to say. Thank God he can't see my face because I'm sure it is bright red. Why does him being in this class even bother me? I mean there are 23 other people in the class and I am not overly freaked out by any of them. Um, I think you know the answer to that, my inner voice says way too loud for me to ignore. Probably because you were checking out Harrys ass all the way to school, she keeps on talking. I mentally curse her and tell her to shut her pie hole. Wait till I tell Tay about this.