Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Grace's POV

"How nice of you two to join us. Caught in the storm I see." Mr. Howard motions us to our seats.

Harry, still holding my hand, leads the way to our desks. We let go of each other and sit down.

"Please continue, Logan." Mr. Howard says.

I sat through the rest of speech and didn't hear anything anyone said. I was totally replaying the way Harry kissed me, up against the school, the way the rain was dripping off...

"Grace, you coming?"

I look up and see Harry standing over me with his book bag over his shoulder. Is class over already? He's still soaked, and his shirt...is still clinging to his stomach. Omg what is wrong with me!

"Yeah....sorry I didn't realize class was over." I stumble over my words.

I can feel my face get hot.

I stand up and Harry grabs my book bag for me. I take my wet jacket off and tie it around my waist as we walk out.

"Thinking about something else?" He's grinning at me, and I can't help but smile.

We're walking towards math, Harry's locker is down the math hallway, which is around the corner from mine.

"Listen, about what happened this morning, I'm not sorry. We can keep this between us and I won't say anything to anyone. Really Grace. I'm also not trying to hide shit, I know that's what you're thinking." He says, looking at me.

We've stopped in the middle of the hallway. Harry hands me my book bag, hooking it over my shoulder, his hand reaching up to tuck some of my wet curls behind my ear. He smiles and walks on down the hall past my locker. I just stand there watching him. He has a great walk. I realize that, while I was in my own little real fantasy moment with Harry, all of my friends, and half the kids in the hallway, were watching us. Perfect.

Jesus people, what, you've never seen two people talking before?! Actually, besides his asshole friends, and the barbie bitches, I don't think I've ever seen Harry talking to anyone before. Oh and don't forget both of you were soaking wet, Gracie. Thank you, inner voice. Yeah, I was there.

I walk the rest of the way to my locker. Everyone's there just like usual, but this time no one is saying anything. I put my notebook in and grab my math book. What are the chances they'll just let that slide and not say anything?

"Ok well, I guess I'll say what everyone is isn't." Tay looks at me pissed. "Why are you walking with Harry, why is he carrying your book bag, and why the hell are you both so fucking wet?!"

Ok, so, no chance then.

Kodi puts his book down, unties my wet jacket and throws it inside the locker. He pulls his gray hoodie off over his head and hands it to me. "Put this on, you must be freezing." He walks away while I'm putting his shirt on.

"Nice Gracie. What's going on with you and Harry?" Tay asks, as we start walking to math.

"Leave it alone Tay, she doesn't owe anyone an explanation. What did she do that was so wrong?" Annie says, putting her arm through mine and smiling at me.

"It's no big deal. We were both late and ended up walking together. We got caught in the rain and tried to get in the back of the school but the door was locked." We walk into math and sit down.

I see Jeremy and wave. He waves and smiles back.

"Is that all that happened?" Annie whispers.