Chapter 61

Grace's POV

"Glenn! I've missed you!"

"Gracie, we have to work on the hands because they just aren't looking right."

"No hugs, no hey Gracie, just art, Glenn?!" I say, throwing my bag down on the floor and hopping up on my stool.

"Hey girlfriend! Seriously don't they look like bear claws or something?" Glenn stands back looking at our sad sculpture.

"Glenn, listen, pass me the water and I'll try to smooth it out. Guess where I just came from?"

"Home-ec, Gracie I know your schedule."

"No I missed sixth and seventh periods today. I was at the doctor getting a scrip for the pill." I look around for Mr. Sweeney.

"What pill? Are you sick? I think we should just start over on this one, it's so bad." He's frowning at the sculpture.

"No Glenn, THE PILL." I stop and look at him.

He stops and looks at me. "Birth control?!" He says, louder than necessary. I look around but we're alone.

"Yep. Do you think that makes me a slut?"

"Um, not at all Gracie, but Harry is. Are you sure about this? Last night on the phone, I knew you weren't talking about your fan fiction!"

"OK I know about Harry, shit I'm so sick of hearing this! You know I do ACTUALLY KNOW HIM. Everyone is acting like he's some random dude I picked up at the mall! I know he's been with girls, he told me!" I rip off the hand on the right side. Glenn's right it does look like a stump.

"Calm down. I'm sorry. I don't mean to judge, I just care about you. Sounds like you guys are being honest with each other and that's good. Gracie, it's nobody's business what you and Harry do. Don't let them screw you guys up. Just listen to your heart. Do you feel like he's the one? This is your first time I'm assuming?" Glenn sits back on his stool.

"Yes it is my first time, and omg Glenn, I am so sure about Harry. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I think he's always been the one. I've had a couple other boyfriends, and I had real feelings for Kodi, but then Harry showed back up in my life. He's IT Glenn. ALL I think about, ALL the time."

"I like Harry, Gracie. I don't really know him, I know what people think about him, but he's never done anything to me. I prefer to hold judgment on someone until they give me a reason. I can see he makes you happy."

"He's had a pretty bad few years. His mom has been battling cancer and his dad left them as soon as she got sick. All of this angry stuff, it comes from that." I say, ripping paper for the new hand.

"Shit, that's rough. I can see how that could screw with a person. You'll be good for him. You have such a happy, fun way about you Gracie. It's just what he needs. A little light in all that darkness." Glenn takes a drink of root beer.

"Omg Glenn! I just love you so much!" I throw my arms around his neck spilling his root beer.

"Hey, back off Glenn! That's MY girl you've got your hands on!" I hear a sexy rough voice I instantly recognize as Harry. He walks into the art room, dropping his book bag on the floor.

Glenn drops his hand from my back, pushing back away from me, scraping his stool on the cement floor.

"Oh hey, no...I was just.." Glenn tries to explain.

"Relax man, I'm just messing with you. I know how Grace can be, overbearing, always grabbing and hugging. So annoying." Harry's grinning at me.

Glenn let's out a big breath he must've been holding since Harry walked in.