Chapter 45

Harry's POV

"Still here. Be honest, you thought I'd left." I say as Grace comes out of the locker room.

"Yeah I did. I'm sorry." She's nervous.

"Can I walk you home? It's pretty far out of my way, but I can make an exception this one time." I say.

She laughs and pulls her hair up into a ponytail.

"Are we actually doing this?" She picks her bag up and puts it over her shoulder.

"Walking home? Um, we've done more than that Grace. I just have to get my stuff from the locker room." I grin.

"Funny, but no, I mean this. You and me. What is it we're doing?" She blushes, looking down at the floor.

She's so beautiful. She doesn't even realize it. I take my hand and tilt her chin up to look at me.

"Grace, you don't have to be nervous with me. Fuck, I'm just as nervous as you! Since school started, with you in three of my classes, it's been... I mean, I knew you didn't remember, so I wasn't sure how much to talk to you."

I lean back against the wall. Should I say that? I don't want to freak her out.

"So is this, like, are we dating?" She asks.

I run my hands through my hair. Maybe I should just be honest about everything. It's just Grace. It's been a few years, but it's still her.

"It's ok we don't have to talk about this now." Grace looks down the hall.

"No listen, I want to." I take a breath and smile.

"I don't go out with girls. I don't have a reason really, they just fucking piss me off." This isn't coming out right.

"Sorry. What I'm trying to say is, they think I'm this hard ass, badboy, stupid shit, which I guess they like, but then they get all controlling and clingy. They get pissed 'cause I don't give a shit."

"I understand, you don't date like, just one girl. That's OK." She says.

"No, no that's not what I meant Grace. OK, why pussy out now after everything I just said to you. Fucking looked like an idiot I'm sure."

Now I'm the one who's nervous. I pull my sweatshirt over my head and hand it to her. I take her hand and hold it against my chest.

"This tattoo, I got this when I was 12, Grace. It's you, I mean I got it because of you. Because of the butterflies you used to drag me to look at when we were little. My way of never forgetting I guess." Yep sounds like I'm a stalker. Great. She's staring big time, I wish she'd say something.

"Jesus Grace! Say something ok? I fucking think about you all the time, and yes, we should date. I don't want anyone else either. Wow why didn't I just say that to begin with?!" I'm laughing, out loud, at myself. She's gotta think I'm an idiot. I let go of her hand, but she keeps hers there.

Grace's POV

Damn! I know he's trying to explain himself, and I need to focus, but he just took off his shirt right in front of me and I'm seriously staring. His body is freaking delicious! I didn't realize how built he was and... OH..MY..GOD he just put my hand on his chest!!

Grace! Listen to him! I can't. I'm actually touching his bare skin. FOCUS!! I look into his eyes and try to make myself listen.

Did he just say he thinks he sounded like an idiot? Omg no!

"No you didn't sound like an idiot Harry!" I take my hand away and push my loose hair out of my eyes.

"What you said was amazing. I absolutely feel the same and will give you a chance. Give us a chance. I don't care what anyone thinks either. I haven't stopped thinking about you since you sat down behind me in speech on the first day of school." I look down at my hands. I'm gripping his shirt too hard.

"Yeah, that seat's been working out well for me." He's grinning.

"The tattoo, it's really hot." I cover my mouth with my hand. That was embarrassing, I can't believe I said that out loud!

He grins at me wickedly. Then takes my hand away from my mouth and kisses it.

"Remember how we used to be. When we could say anything to each other. That's the only way I'm getting through this right now Grace. My mind is getting fucked up by my heart, and, well..other things. We have to be able to talk to each other. Don't hide from me." Harry says.

He may say he's nervous, but Jesus, he's saying all the right things.

"I can't believe you got that when you were 12. When you took off your shirt and I saw it, that's what I thought of, the butterflies." I look at it again. I can't believe he did that, that he even remembers that.

Harry's just too much for me right now. He's standing there doing nothing but oozing hotness. His eyes are so green and his hair is messy and standing almost straight up. Seriously, he has to go shower before I burst into tears again! I blink a few times and look down at my phone so he won't see.

"Go shower, I need a minute to text my mom and tell her that I'll be late." I totally lie.

"Ok. I'll be fast, give me 10 minutes." He opens the door and disappears into the locker room.

....................

Grace's POV

The walk home was quiet. We didn't really say much to each other. Harry held my hand the whole way. We get to my house and see Max and Spencer riding bikes.

"Hey Gracie!" Max says, riding up to us and skidding to a stop.

"Hi Max. This is Harry Styles, he lives at the end of the street."

"I've seen you on your bike. It's really cool. I wish I could do tricks like you. Are you Grace's boyfriend now?" Max is grinning at me. Turd.

"Thanks dude, you ever need help with your bike, just come down and get me. So Grace, am I your boyfriend?" Harry's smiling at me.

"Um, well Max you shouldn't leave Spencer waiting for you." I say giving Max a look to go away.

"Yeah Max, she's my girl. Show me how fast you can go on your bike!" Harry leans over and kisses me on the head, then let's go of my hand.

"You gonna be around later?" He asks taking off after Max, who just tore off down the street on his bike.

I nod and watch Harry run down the street as I walk up the driveway. Did this day really happen?! I never would've thought being late for school, and getting caught in the rain, could turn into the best day ever.