Chapter 40

(Hey friends! It's almost the 4th of July! Do you have plans? I can't wait for the fireworks and the fair food! :) How are you liking the story? Let me know what you think. Your thoughts are important and I want to hear from you! Have a great week! Hugs xx)

Chapter 40

Grace's POV

I rush out the door, holding a bagel between my teeth, and trying to get my book bag over my shoulder. I can't believe I slept so long! Mom's alarm didn't go off either and Dad is late for work. Great, and it's starting to rain. I don't do umbrellas, only weak, pathetic people are afraid of rain. I loathe rain, but you'll never catch me hiding from it!

There are too many puddles so I'm not going to run. I'll be late to speech anyway, so what's the difference. I look behind me to make sure PJ isn't following me. She sometimes does that. I don't want her to because the street at the end of our neighborhood is super busy, and I'm afraid she'll get hit by a car. I see her sitting on the step watching me. Probably getting ready to go attack a squirrel or something.

As I walk, I start to think about Kodi. Our date, or whatever you want to call it, was good Saturday night. We ended up walking up to the school, through the football field, and sitting on the bleachers. It was cold as crap, but I didn't mind. Kodi held my hands to keep them warm. We talked about how we both have been crushing on each other forever. He said he always wanted to ask me out, but I'm such a big mouth about all the guys I like, he thought I just didn't feel the same, and so he never did. So funny, I always secretly wanted him to, and it made me sad he never did!

"Grace! Wait up!" I hear Harry yell from behind me.

I turn and see Harry running down the middle of the street towards me.

Ok, really, he's late too? This is weird. No, he probably just wants to make sure I'm ok from Friday.

"Hey, thanks for waiting. Did you oversleep too?" Harry asks.

Oh my goodness. Harrys' nose and cheek are black and purple. and he's got a cut near his eye. "Um, yeah, all of us did, my Dad's late for work." I say, feeling bad for him.

I feel weird talking to him like this. Everything was so intense between us the other night. I wish he'd just go ahead and let me walk alone. No you don't Grace! Shut up, who you trying to kid?! Shut it, inner voice!

"I see you noticed my new look." He says, smiling. "So are you ok, from Friday night? Did you have to talk to the cops?" He asks me.

"Yes, I ended up going to the police station yesterday. I'm sorry they did that to you." I say looking at his bruises.

I tug my book bag back up my shoulder. As I do this, my jacket falls off my other shoulder. Gosh could I be more of a mess?!

"So, you're ok then?" Harry stops, puts down his own book bag, and grabs my jacket pulling it up my arm over my shoulder. As he does, his fingers brush the skin on my arm. Instantly I feel goosebumps all over my body.

Holy shit.

Jesus Grace, you kissed Kodi how many times last night, and not once did you feel THAT! Harry barely touches you, and you practically come! "Omg, shut the hell up!!"

"Um, sorry, I was just making sure you were ok, didn't mean to piss you off." Harry drops his hand from my arm and bends over to get his book bag.

Jesus, did I say that out loud?!

"Wait, did I just tell you to shut up?" I ask, feeling like a complete spaz.

Jesus, please let that be all that I said!